The Offspring - Americana

Smash was my first entry into punk, after that I discovered ignition and followed them through Ixnay.

Americana was ok for me, but I really hoped the joke songs were going to be done with after that... guess not

Anyone else notice that all new copies of the self titled album (the very first Offspring Album) lacks The last track "kill the president"? Sucks.... I really liked that song.

Smash was my first entry into punk, after that I discovered ignition and followed them through Ixnay.

Americana was ok for me, but I really hoped the joke songs were going to be done with after that... guess not

Anyone else notice that all new copies of the self titled album (the very first Offspring Album) lacks The last track "kill the president"? Sucks.... I really liked that song.

smash, along with aoctw and dookie are what got me into punk, but i won't be surprised if those 3 albums got about 5 million other people into punk as well.

and they got rid of the version will kill the president after 911

Guest baseball

Always thought this might be their best album if you took off the horrible radio singles like "Pretty Fly" and the get a job one.

Alright this is hilarious to me and here's why

When Americana came out, and I can say the same thing about Blink 182's Enema Of The State, everyone (and I mean: EVERYONE) was going on about how both bands were sellouts and how horrible and poppy both albums were, and on and on and on

Since 2003 all I hear is how both album are the bands' best album ever.. haha :)

Guest baseball

When Americana came out, and I can say the same thing about Blink 182's Enema Of The State, everyone (and I mean: EVERYONE) was going on about how both bands were sellouts and how horrible and poppy both albums were, and on and on and on

Since 2003 all I hear is how both album are the bands' best album ever.. haha :)

Yeah, you are correct. I listened to both of these albums constantly when they came out and still like them both.

But the general consensus for these albums does seem to have changed quite a bit several years later. Probably just because these were both these band's height of popularity in the mainstream.

I actually still feel the same about both albums. Americana is alright, but Smash is probably my favorite (but it's also the first Offspring record I owned) and I never really liked Blink-182. This is, however, because I was a dork in high school and all the kids who were in bands thought I had shitty taste in music.

Always thought this might be their best album if you took off the horrible radio singles like "Pretty Fly" and the get a job one.

Flood, I have all their records up until Americana...this album has the most overall mature songwriting...the stupid radio songs are atrocious...but there's an emotional edge to the songs on this that isn't on much of their previous records. Ignition is good...but in general is a generic SoCal punk rock album.

Ignition is good...but in general is a generic SoCal punk rock album.

there are some really great songs on "americana," definitely some of my favourites. "Have You Ever," "Staring at the Sun,"

"The Kids Aren't Alright," "The End of the Line," and "No Brakes" are all wonderful.

I think Dude Ranch is way better than Enema.

I think Dude Ranch is way better than Enema.

Same here. Always thought that was pretty much the consensus