I'm moving.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone I've ever lived with somehow knows not to touch my records. There's never been an incident.

My movies are generally out for people to take and use, but I get really annoyed when they aren't put in their cases. Accidents happen, but when discs get scratched because someone left it out of the case, they're buying me a new DVD. That's just careless.

But I've always lived with cool people. We don't fuck around too much, and now I live with my brother, and we're rarely there at the same time and he doesn't like anything I do, so there's no sharing of food, movies, music, books, etc. It's really strange. I hate my apartment, but it was the only option outside of going home... which is ironically where I'm typing this now, my mom's house.

This is the type of shit that makes me glad I'm moving.

I awake at 3:30 am to my roommate and her friends, drunk, shooting off fireworks right out side my open window. I had to work at 6 am. Seriously, no consideration. Tonight she is having a fucking huge party at our house, and she didn't even ask me what I thought about that. I again have to work at 6 am tomorrow. I will be pissed if I don't get some fucking sleep.

Going to look at a place tomorrow morning at 10am. jeesh. Apparently I'm too picky when it comes to where I live because my girlfriend is about to ring my neck. This place tomorrow looks promising as far as location and size and they take pets which means I could get myself the dog i've always wanted. I've got my fingers crossed.

my girlfriend has a small dog. weighs 8 pounds, keeps to herself, doesn't bark and sleeps all day. Amazing dog. I've always wanted a dog. I wanted a Mastiff but she has talked me out of getting such a huge dog and we have settled with something like 60 pounds or less.

This apartment says it takes well behaved dogs and she has been in contact with the landlord and she still wants us to come and look at it. We are telling all potential future landlords that we have two dogs so there wont be any problems down the road. The rent on this place is a little more then I wanted to pay but at this point its worth it to be done with the whole thing.

• 4 weeks later...

So turns out my new landlord is a fucking dick. He called me yesterday, two days before I move, and tells me he sold the house and we have two options: either move in for 30 days then move again, or find a place in two days and get our security deposit back. He had told us he put the house on the market, but that it wouldn't effect us, but when push came to shove on the deal he apparently told the owners that they could have it vacant. I luckily knew of a place that was way cheaper, but not as nice, that just became available a couple days before. Within twelve hours I found a new place to live, but fuck. What a shitty thing to do to someone. Why are people so fucking shady?

That is shitty man. My now ex-landlord lost the house he was living in so he gave us 45 days to find somewhere else to live. It was defiantly longer than you had but he didn't give us back any of our security deposit until after we moved out. I had to continue to pay rent while saving up for a new security deposit. It all worked out and I like our new place but fuck landlords can be shitty people.

did you already sign a lease? you can probably take that to the state or the city and fuck him over or sue him for the property.

We signed promisary note type deal saying that he has received our security deposit and he is holding the place for us until we sign the lease, which I asked him multiple times to sign and he kept putting it off until the last minute. Now I know why.