Would You Pay $8-$10 for a 7 inch?

No.

I try not to spend more than $6 on any new 7"s.

Fancy packaging is nice, but it's not going to make or break a deal when I'm considering buying a record. Adding a cd is also something I would not care about. If I'm buying a 7", that is the format that I will be listening to it with. I don't need a cd copy of it too.

No.

I try not to spend more than $6 on any new 7"s.

Fancy packaging is nice, but it's not going to make or break a deal when I'm considering buying a record. Adding a cd is also something I would not care about. If I'm buying a 7", that is the format that I will be listening to it with. I don't need a cd copy of it too.

Thats understandable. The reason I'm considering doing it is because it may help bridge the gap between cd and vinyl fans. Kids are still buying cds to support bands. Everyone should have a record player, but they dont.

For a DIY label is really had for me to care a ton about CDs because its not the format I'm in to. So instead of having to spend an extra 1000+ dollars to get some nice cds made up, this would just have the best of both worlds. I tend to enjoy when cds show up though, because digital download stuff is confusing for me.

$5 for a 7". higher than that is just getting kinda greedy on the label's part IMO. unless it's something crazy like that AJJ 8" with concentric grooves.

Fat is still at $5, noidea is still at $3-3.50. if it was something rare/oop that i needed, i can see paying more. but not for a new 7".

Well fat and noidea have some push and I love that no idea keeps their prices down, when they could charge way more. To do a regular 7 inch (no special packaging etc.) for a small diy label it usual ends up costing $3 per unit when all is said and done.

So by charging $8-10 wouldn't have this release be making 7$ per unit, it would be to cover all the other value adding pieces to the release.

I don't like the $5.99 VC charges for their 7"s!! I understand that the unit cost is higher if less copies are pressed, and by the time shipping is included (especially outside the US) it would be very restrictive, I think it also goes back to that earlier thread Cash vs Quality.........but if it was a band I was really into, then why not!!?. It's Alive do their 7"s with a CDr for $5!

I don't like the $5.99 VC charges for their 7"s!! I understand that the unit cost is higher if less copies are pressed, and by the time shipping is included (especially outside the US) it would be very restrictive, I think it also goes back to that earlier thread Cash vs Quality.........but if it was a band I was really into, then why not!!?. It's Alive do their 7"s with a CDr for $5!

thing is, VC does 1000-2000 runs too. say 500 7" cost $1100 to get pressed, 1000 cost $1500 (from luckylaquers prices). it gets much cheaper per unit the more are pressed. plus VC's packaging is nothing amazing, just a printed cover and a cut little paper insert.

this is partly why i gave up on the UTI series. just wasn't worth it IMO. plus fighting with everyone to get the most rare color was annoying after a while.

Guest vito

Unfortunately, with shipping and exchange rate, I'm usually looking at this much already. If a 7" was $10 and I still had to pay shipping on it, then there's no way in hell. I mean, for oop stuff this obviously doesn't apply, but definitely not a new ep. Unless it's Cursed. Or Grade... or KTD.

i voted no. it would have to be one of my top favorite bands with a great song for me to spend that much on a 7". that's why i still dont own the helms alee 7", i like the band but i'm not gonna buy two songs for the price of an lp.

along with that i'm really starting to get sick of 5.99 for VC's 7"s when theres nothing special about them. i love the UTI series but i think $6 is getting ridiculous considering they don't even come with an outer sleeve or even a dust sleeve now.

Unfortunately, with shipping and exchange rate, I'm usually looking at this much already. If a 7" was $10 and I still had to pay shipping on it, then there's no way in hell. I mean, for oop stuff this obviously doesn't apply, but definitely not a new ep. Unless it's Cursed. Or Grade... or KTD.

pretty much same here, and i'm adding CIS to the list of bands, hehe.

Guest vito

On a side note, I just contacted a band for buying both of their 7"s and was told that shipping would cost me $10. Reasonable prices ($4.50 & $5) just got unreasonable.