VC Update (A Wilhelm Scream,Under the Influence,fu

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

Lately at Vinyl Collective, we have been experiencing some growing pains and the economy has definitely affected how we have been doing. We are taking it all in stride and doing our best considering all the circumstances and we appreciate your support of what we do throughout all of this. There are still a number of releases that we are trying to get manufactured and the reason some of them are taking longer than we like is due to the fact that we owe our pressing plants pretty good sums of money. We will do all we can to move forward. I wanted to give you an update about what is crack-a-lacking her at Vinyl Collective so you know as much as we do.

* Tomorrow, we will be announcing to the world the news of the vinyl cooperative pressing of A Wilhelm Scream's "Mute Print" and will announce the time and date of the pre-order for this incredible album.

* Tonight, we have some friends (Chris Cottgias and Zach Lowery) coming over to help myself, Justin, and Ralph pack and pull a shit load of orders. We have been so slammed lately and need the late night session to get caught up. Know that we will be drinking lots of beer as we pack orders for the following releases: Bomb the Music Industry "Scrambles" FINALLY!!!, Jon Snodgrass/Cory Branan split LP, Riverdales "Invasion USA", Portugal the Man "The Satanic Satanists", Screeching Weasel "Wiggle", Pelican "Ephemeral", Lucero "Nobodys Darling", and lots more.

* We have 3 Under the Influence 7"s ready to go, I am just waiting on our friend Mitch Clem to get me the artwork. I could have the the pre-orders for Volume 10, 11, and 12 ready to go as soon as next week. And now that we have 10 Under the Influence 7"s, we will be working on the CD release that compiles the first 10 volumes. And a note about the pre-orders for #7 and #9, Pirates Press sent 120 of the Cow Print version of #9 to Flood from Asbestos and we are just waiting on him to send us that box so we can send the other orders for this. Sorry about that. The 3 volumes of Under the Influence records we have ready to go include O Pioneers!!!/New Bruises, Joey Cape/Mike Hale, and Kevin Seconds/Kepi Ghoulie. Super stoked!

* Here is a new update on records you have been waiting on, sorry that some of the dates have had to be pushed back: Mock Orange "Captain Love", Cobra Skulls "Sitting Army", and Sidekicks "So Long Soggy Dog" should all be done by the end of August. The Wayword Sons/Sam Lowry split should be done by the end of July, and the Austin Lucas/Takers split should be done by mid August.

* Here is a list of records that we are working on submitting for manufacturing, pre-orders for the following will happen sooner than later (but don't ask us exactly when): Poison the Well "The Tropic Rot", Maylene and the Sons of Disaster III, Gregory Alan Isakov "The Empty Northern Hemisphere", Portugal the Man "It's Complicated Being a Wizard", Cobra Skulls "American Rubicon" (co-release with Red Scare and Gunnar Records), Drag the River "Closed", Chad Price debut solo album, Fear Before "S/t", and a few more I am sure I am forgetting.

So there you go. We have a lot on our plate and every day is a mad scramble to do my best to get a few things off of my to do list before I add more to do. I appreciate everyone's support of what we do and here's hoping the economy improves soon.

Guest Admin
virgil, are the cory branan full lengths pretty much off limits? not to add to your already hectic sounding schedule, but i definitely think those two records would do well.

it's a great idea, one I have been thinking about. If we do any to start, it would be his upcoming album and if that went well, we would go through his back catalog. I love Cory

Its a rough year for any retail industry. My skate shop is down 8% from last year, which might not sound like a lot, but i had to slash prices and make super deals for anyone to even buy anything, so my gross profit is in the tank!

Best of luck! Will be helping out with the purchase of the UTI series, the vinyl cooperative next effort as well as PTW and PTM!

Guest adam526
man i didnt even see that portugal's satanic satanists have arrived and are gonna be shipped out. awesome.

Didn't see that, where was it?

I'm definately on the UTI series pre orders as soon as they're up. This economy is fuckn a lot of people. At my work we are wholesalers and it's hittin us pretty good, but I think the retailers are feelin even more. I know a handful of our customers are closin shop. The economy is bound to come up eventually. I'm pretty new to VC but since I have found them, I've been glad to spend my moneywith them. And the customer service is fucking great...You've got my money/support.