New AM! 7" on the way...

http://www.rechertheatre.com/theatreinfo.php

some info on it^^

it's about double/triple the size of ottobar, and all one floor. stage with barrier (lame). tix are normally about twelve, but a band like against me would cost somewhere in the 15-17 range. my least favorite venue in baltimore, but against me was amazing there the first ime i saw them there.

(minus the barrier).

You should definately go see Victor Wooten there on Thursday. That guy is amazing.

i may go if i have da moneyz, and minus the bear is playing soon wih p. the man, you should go.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(minus the barrier).

You should definately go see Victor Wooten there on Thursday. That guy is amazing.

i may go if i have da moneyz, and minus the bear is playing soon wih p. the man, you should go.

I don't like Portugal the man and I'm not a big enough fan of MTB to drive a little over 2 hours to see just them. :-/

I don't like Portugal the man and I'm not a big enough fan of MTB to drive a little over 2 hours to see just them. :-/

ohh, i gotcha, i just figured you were because tons of people on here are. but yeah, if you come to any shows here and need a place to stay lemme know.

Guest baseball

The Against Me!/Riverboat Gamblers/Fake Problems show at the Recher was great just because I got to see a few songs I'd never heard them play. Disco, 35%, and didn't they even bring out Shit Stroll for that one? Anyone go to Fake Problems with Smoke or Fire at Ottobar in February? That was a good show.

Against Me!/Smoke or Fire at Ottobar is probably the best AM! show I can remember.

Recher is an okay venue. Sure the staff is awful and the crowd can be lame, but bands tend to sound really good in there I think.

Kurtz, The Weakerthans are playing the Recher the day after MTB/Portugal, if you're into them. Totally going to that show with my mom.

Rams Head is my least favorite venue in Baltimore. Every band I see there seems to draw a completely different (and exponentially more douchey) crowd then if they'd played say, Sonar or something.

The Against Me!/Riverboat Gamblers/Fake Problems show at the Recher was great just because I got to see a few songs I'd never heard them play. Disco, 35%, and didn't they even bring out Shit Stroll for that one? Anyone go to Fake Problems with Smoke or Fire at Ottobar in February? That was a good show.

Against Me!/Smoke or Fire at Ottobar is probably the best AM! show I can remember.

Recher is an okay venue. Sure the staff is awful and the crowd can be lame, but bands tend to sound really good in there I think.

Kurtz, The Weakerthans are playing the Recher the day after MTB/Portugal, if you're into them. Totally going to that show with my mom.

Rams Head is my least favorite venue in Baltimore. Every band I see there seems to draw a completely different (and exponentially more douchey) crowd then if they'd played say, Sonar or something.

shit stroll was played and it was awesome. i was at the smoke or fire/FP show in feb. it ws rad, i love fake problems. they were screaming for you.

Guest baseball

shit stroll was played and it was awesome. i was at the smoke or fire/FP show in feb. it ws rad, i love fake problems. they were screaming for you.

Haha, yeah I know. They were staying at my place that night and I hadn't hooked up with them yet by the time they started their set.

The new songs Fake Problems played at that show were awesome.

The best part of that show was this ultra ultra drunk guy meeting Tim Barry after the show ended. Tim was at Smoke or Fire's merch and this dude was flipping his lid. He was stumbling all over and was just like "oh my god Tim Barry, I can't believe I'm talking to Tim Barry, I just bought you cd earlier today and I come to a show tonight and I meet Tim Barry!!" Was so hilarious.

I was at the AM/Gamblers/Problems show in grand rapids last year, it was one of the best shows i've ever been too. we even did car bombs with the Gamblers before the show, good guys. but if you want to see that set preformed, below is a youtube vid of part one of the entire show (like 6 parts). the user has the rest of the parts in his profile. not amazing quality, but if you want to hear live a good live AM! set check it out.

every one? first I've heard of that, the b-sides have been kickin ass though so I'm psyched

Yeah, people on here were saying it a while ago before Stop! came out. It will be like having a whole new album made up of b-sides.

I don't know why Sire just doesn't release a b-side record of the sessions than, like what they did with Less Than Jake.

Haha, yeah I know. They were staying at my place that night and I hadn't hooked up with them yet by the time they started their set.

The new songs Fake Problems played at that show were awesome.

The best part of that show was this ultra ultra drunk guy meeting Tim Barry after the show ended. Tim was at Smoke or Fire's merch and this dude was flipping his lid. He was stumbling all over and was just like "oh my god Tim Barry, I can't believe I'm talking to Tim Barry, I just bought you cd earlier today and I come to a show tonight and I meet Tim Barry!!" Was so hilarious.

ahha i left after fake problems. the new songs were killer. i wish i could have stayed but m'lady was having some back problems and it was pretty late. i love fake problems, haha