WATCHMEN DVD = WTF?!?!

So I go to Best Buy today to pick up the new Watchmen DVD and they only have on version of the DVD which is a Theatrical cut single disc version. All the two disc version they have are Blu-ray. I think that's weird, so I go home to check Amazon, and sure enough... they didn't release this on DVD in anything other than the Theatrical cut.

What the fuck?!?!

Fuck Blu-ray. I've seen Blu-ray and I kind of think it's looks weird. I'm not buying a new $300 player and rebuying all my DVDs at a premium. I'm not renting them at cost increase from Netflix.

So annoyed. >:(

Complaining about technology advancing is silly. You have DVDs so you must have abandoned your VHS at some point. The same thing will happen with Blu Ray.

There was a huuuuuge gap in technology between VHS and DVD. Between the DVD and BluRay it boils down to video quality and space. It's not that big of a deal. Even as a technology buff I refuse to jump on the BluRay bandwagon.

I'm actually in the process of selling all of my DVDs, because I feel streaming the media will be the future. Music will be the same way and there will still be groups who want to own the physical media, but the majority of people will own digitized collections over the coming years.

Complaining about technology advancing is silly. You have DVDs so you must have abandoned your VHS at some point. The same thing will happen with Blu Ray.

There was a huuuuuge gap in technology between VHS and DVD. Between the DVD and BluRay it boils down to video quality and space. It's not that big of a deal. Even as a technology buff I refuse to jump on the BluRay bandwagon.

I'm actually in the process of selling all of my DVDs, because I feel streaming the media will be the future. Music will be the same way and there will still be groups who want to own the physical media, but the majority of people will own digitized collections over the coming years.

I don't own blueray and don't plan too either, sure i'm missing something, but is it something i really need? no. i'm happy with my dvd and my 27'' tv, i just think blue-ray is same thing happening with cell-phone, as soon as something new is created in the technology world, everybody jumps on it because this world consumes and is materialist.

I'm on board with the people above who understand physical media is the past and digitized collections are the future. However, don't knock Blu-ray collectors too hard. Most people collect these for the quality of a movie. Keep in mind, we are collectors ourselves :) and for the quality of music!

I'm on board with the people above who understand physical media is the past and digitized collections are the future. However, don't knock Blu-ray collectors too hard. Most people collect these for the quality of a movie. Keep in mind, we are collectors ourselves :) and for the quality of music!

yeah, i get what you are saying. i didn't really want to ''knock'' bluray consumers, i wanted to say in the overall of technology, people are depending on technology. for the bluray, is it really worth it? i mean for animation movies is must be really cool, and if you have a home theater. and records existed way before mp3's did, so the quality was there way before (i think we all agree that collect records for the music quality overall). but yeah, i'm not saying bluray is stupid, maybe that it's something that we didn't really need and people are spending money on this and at the end it makes the economy run like any other product on the market.