Hearing great songs in unexpected places

last week i went to coffee bean they were playing maritime and the java juice next to it was playing the replacements. the next day I go the grocery store and they were playing the replacements again. Just today, the radio station STAR was playing gaslight anthem. kinda random cause they only play top 40 and other crap. either way it's cool hearing good music in unexpected places.

Guest duhpunk

depending on who is working, my gym plays some good stuff occasionally.

it can either be Gaslight/Green Day/Blink/etc

or Hollywood Undead/Lady Gaga/radio hip hop

last week i went to coffee bean they were playing maritime and the java juice next to it was playing the replacements. the next day I go the grocery store and they were playing the replacements again. Just today, the radio station STAR was playing gaslight anthem. kinda random cause they only play top 40 and other crap. either way it's cool hearing good music in unexpected places.

Wait is that STAR 107 (or whatever number) that's based in San Diego? If so, that is REALLY weird to hear it on there.

Some of the Coffee Bean CDs have Minus the Bear on them. I used to work there and "lost" all the discs that didn't have at least 1 song I wanted to hear 4 times a day.

a couple weeks ago i was at the gym and heard some old rise against, alkaline trio, slayer, and jawbreaker.

Usually they always play the XM smash up Chanel so it was i nice surprise to hear some good music. However, i assume one of the guys working that morning was playing a cd because i havent heard anything good since.

Guest markovianprocess

They played Frank Turner in Next a few times. For you 'mericans, Next is like a mid-life crisis lower-middle class department store. It was a lovely surprise. I'm getting sick of Lady Gaga and that one strange remix of Radiohead - Just.

Star has been consistently playing better stuff than KROQ. Weird times.

I heard Death Cab for Cutie - I Will Possess Your Heart at a grocery store a month or so ago. Floored me considering I never hear anything resembling what I listen to or like there.

This kind of weird placement makes me feel so old.

If y'all go to my coffee shop while I'm working I play stuff like Gaslight Anthem, Get up Kids, Minus the Bear, Ninja Gun, the Hold Steady, Frank Turner, all the time. I have some rad work playlists.

Though when corporate's in town we have to play the Colombian music....yuck. And the stuff my co-worker likes to play can be pretty questionable sometimes.