Ticketmaster=fucked!

So, I was going to get tickets to the SF show of "The Night Man Cometh" and (unfortunately) the only way was through Ticketmaster. So I'm waiting by my computer for them to go up at 10am (I'm even signed in to my ticketmaster account) and I hit refresh a few seconds before 10 and BAM, the tickets are up.

I select 4 tickets (my buddy has like 10 friends who want to go), best section. Enter the code...wait..."no tickets are available in the section you requested". Seriously?! Okay, so I try two tickets, there's two seats way in the back of the balcony. Fuck, it's not even 10:01 yet. Fine, I take those, get to the check out, "Sorry there was an error". Go back, now there are no tickets available for 2 people. So I keep trying and eventually I get two tickets that come out to $60 each after ticketmaster charges (over $10 a ticket).

oh and at some point this was my verification code:

[image]

This is why I never go to big concerts.

I fuckin' hate Ticketmaster. If it's a big enough band or show, it either sells out in the blink of an eye or they make the process impossible to get good seats.

When I was getting tix for the NIN Chicago shows, I was at one computer and my brother was on my laptop. (There are two nights). When he got to the "security check" part all I hear him say is "How the fuck am I supposed to read that?!?!"...When I looked it was just a fuckin' jumble of words and numbers.

I know, I feel like a broken record (actually...none of my "broken" records skip like that) but it's so upsetting. I avoid larger concerts most of the time but I made the exception here and it just blows my mind how awful their service is. How did they become the industry standard?

Sorry if I ripped on anyone who complained about Ticketmaster before...They really are god awful.

I love how they charge more for YOU to print the tickets than they do for printing them themselves and mailing them to you.

THIS>

You know its one thing for fees to be added and this and that, fine you gotta run your biz and what not, they are a rip-off but OK I understand I guess..

But this thing with , oh you go ahead and use your ink and paper and you do the work for us but it'll cost ya 2 bucks...then they say, or we can print it and do the work for free...drrrrrrr

had a similar experience when trying to get tickets to the NIN show at the tabernacle on the club tour for with teeth. my friend was at work and i was to order things through his account, we had neglected to think that they'd need the security pin on his card and in the 30 seconds it took to call and get that information i lost my place in line and all the tickets were gone when i tried again.

they need to fix this shit.

on a side note, shit is even worse for sporting events, i recently had to direct my dad to purchase me tickets for a rays/red sox game as a late birthday gift, was astounded by the blatant raping ticketmaster does for mainstream events (see: not a tour of "underground" bands).

stubhub is a better option for sporting events. usually get tickets well below face value.

They do two things that piss me off though:

1) Make you pay for more expensive shipping than you need. No, I don't need you to FedEx overnight me tickets for a game in October.

2) Make the buyer, not the seller, pay fees for the tickets. They should at least just push the fees in to the ticket price, thus "hiding" them so I don't feel like an idiot.

Other than that, there are some GREAT deals to be had there. But not for teams like the Red Sox. Everyone thinks those tickets should be sold for more than they honestly should be worth.

ive sold and bought on stubhub. you can have instant e-delievery which off the top of my head is free i think. the fedex shipping is overkill though. they take a huge cut out of the total from the seller. i sold two tickets for $60 a piece, after they were done i made just over $100. there's no listing fees but their comission is pretty high. they make money on both ends, from the buyer and seller. its an ebay company so what do you expect. they rake in a total of 25% of the purchase price on every transaction.

I remember getting a ticket for leftover crack 4 or 5 years back for the trocadero from ticketmaster because I couldn't get into the city that week and they usually sell the place out. Originally tickets were 10 each, but by the end ticketmaster doubled it to around 20. Only used ticketmaster that one time and then Bosstones tickets for Hometown throwdown the first year they were back. Never use it unless its absolutely necessary...

Fuuuuuuck...

Thursday / Fall of Troy - 1 ticket almost $27.00 (ticket itself is $14.00)

Mastodon/Dethklok/Converge - 1 ticket almost $47.00 (ticket itself is $31.00)

i should try to get a job at ticketmaster

I worked in one of their call centers when I was in high school. It was a lot of fun. Never saw the mad money from the surcharges, but still fun.