13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

That is weird. The Italians played a gutsy game but Spain is still the team to beat, despite a performance that only had moments of finesse. I kind of liked Croatia to advance before the first round of games and now I think I'm sticking with it. Probably because I hate the Italians.

Who do you like for today's group? Group A is kind of a crap shoot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

RVP or no RVP, couldn't be more excited about going to the Arsenal on Saturday! :)

Ditto! We've robbed Utd of that money. Cannot believe they paid 24m for a player who wanted to leave, though i do think the deal might be that big because he wasn't sure.. either way, we were bent over and still got way more than we should. Our signings this summer have been quality, two more and we're flying.

fuck vP. North London is Red, even us in the States can see that shit and when that bastard breaks his leg we're not giving refunds. Wenger is a money making fool and we've got some real talent on the team this year. So stoked for Saturday to be here so we can shut everyone up this season. I cant wait for November 3, hopefully wilshere is back by then and the new #10 can help us crush the dirty reds.

fuck vP. North London is Red, even us in the States can see that shit and when that bastard breaks his leg we're not giving refunds. Wenger is a money making fool and we've got some real talent on the team this year. So stoked for Saturday to be here so we can shut everyone up this season. I cant wait for November 3, hopefully wilshere is back by then and the new #10 can help us crush the dirty reds.

Best thing is, as i mentioned earlier in the thread, i have a season ticket starting this year so i'll be able to get to all the big games - i've never been able to in the past. I was there when Nasri came back first time for the league cup and he got so much shit, i think rvp will be worse. As the song may well go:

"He plays up front, he plays up front, we've got Podolski, van Persie's a cunt"

haha so very true sir. im very jealous. that's basically one of my goals in life is to make it to london and watch a game at the emirates. glad my lady wants to do the same. vP will be much worse, Nasri is a twat but you dont tell people "Hey at least Cesc didn't stay in England so be kind" and then go and stay in England yourself. Cesc...it sucked but I can understand, he left to play with life long friends at a high level...if you count competing against RM as a high level league. This season will be a wonderful season for Gooners. Wenger said that Wilshere should be back in about a month, along with Sagna and Frimpong (if you count him as good, he'd rather push t-shirts and shitty raps). Arteta is back, and next week Kos and Ox-Chambo are both back. Lets hope everyone stays fit i.e. Diaby and the other injury prone people.

Everyone on the other side of the pub were screaming and cursing so it just sounded bad. Then to see the score...ouch. Can't believe Giroud missed such a golden opportunity

not too bothered, yeah he should have scored, though.

they were set up for a draw, a lot of time wasting and almost no shots in the second half. Cazorla looks the real deal, a more open game will be good for us. Chamberlain will be the difference, Walcott was terrible and Gervinho was pretty poor. Could be worse, could be spurs... or liverpool.

not too bothered, yeah he should have scored, though.

they were set up for a draw, a lot of time wasting and almost no shots in the second half. Cazorla looks the real deal, a more open game will be good for us. Chamberlain will be the difference, Walcott was terrible and Gervinho was pretty poor. Could be worse, could be spurs... or liverpool.

Yeah I definately agree, apart from Gervinho, who I also thought was pretty dangerous; Cazorla, Arteta and hopefully Sahin will be a great axis in the middle of the park for us - Arteta was brilliant playing deep on Saturday!

On RVP, still bloody love the guy for what he did for us, there are alot of Arsenal fans who don't feel the same way and are pretty let down, but he's not as bad as Nasri who has pretty much attacked the club whenever he's had the chance. (That Man City game was pretty hostile for an Emirates crowd). I'd like to think RVP was/is better than that.

That being said, so glad they lost tonight though, karma is a bitch! :lol:

Gunners didn't look too shabby, Cazorla looked to be fit and should be a nice addition. That Sunderland back line was just pretty disciplined. But hey, at least you took a point, unlike my boys at Liverpool. Yikes.

Nice sure about that red on Agger, didn't look like that much contact. That strike by Gera though.... filthy.

Yeah I definately agree, apart from Gervinho, who I also thought was pretty dangerous; Cazorla, Arteta and hopefully Sahin will be a great axis in the middle of the park for us - Arteta was brilliant playing deep on Saturday!

On RVP, still bloody love the guy for what he did for us, there are alot of Arsenal fans who don't feel the same way and are pretty let down, but he's not as bad as Nasri who has pretty much attacked the club whenever he's had the chance. (That Man City game was pretty hostile for an Emirates crowd). I'd like to think RVP was/is better than that.

That being said, so glad they lost tonight though, karma is a bitch! :lol:

haha don't be ridiculous, if RvP had more class than Nasri he wouldn't have made that statement which insulted the club and left them with very little bargaining room when it came to getting a good price for him - how they got £24m is beyond me - so he deserves everything he gets when they visit. I appreciate what he did for the club, i appreciate what Henry, Fabregas and Viera did for the club but a least they left with far more respect, as far as i'm concerned RvP is just another former player who was good when we had him, aside from that, he can go fuck himself.

edit: yeah it was funny seeing united lose last night, Everton played really well and robin might as well have not come on, poor guy isn't going to have a team revolving round him this time. Kagawa looks great, him and Cazorla will be the two best buys of the year i reckon.

haha don't be ridiculous, if RvP had more class than Nasri he wouldn't have made that statement which insulted the club and left them with very little bargaining room when it came to getting a good price for him - how they got £24m is beyond me - so he deserves everything he gets when they visit. I appreciate what he did for the club, i appreciate what Henry, Fabregas and Viera did for the club but a least they left with far more respect, as far as i'm concerned RvP is just another former player who was good when we had him, aside from that, he can go fuck himself.

edit: yeah it was funny seeing united lose last night, Everton played really well and robin might as well have not come on, poor guy isn't going to have a team revolving round him this time. Kagawa looks great, him and Cazorla will be the two best buys of the year i reckon.

Yeah I see that side of it, I'm just gutted as he was my favourite player since Thierry left, even over Fabregas. - I'm sure it will sink in when we play them!

• 2 weeks later...

So happy with that win. Arteta was amazing, Diaby bossed it, Podolski and Cazorla played really well too. Liverpool weren't that bad, we were just great at the back, Sterling looked quality and Joe Allen did too but for £15m? Please, we got a world cup winner, a hugely experienced german international and the french league's top scorer for less (individually), Liverpool's buying has been shocking!