Epitaph Store - NOFX/BR/DKM colored vinyl

travis

Um...yeah, for the kid who ordered 40lbs of different shit...i'll fix that later.

That would be me, kind sir.

And, yes - really looking forward to the Anti LPs heard about thru the grapevine (Waits, anyone?!)

Also, I found that the SW represses sounded worse than the originals. At least for My Brain Hurts. Thoughts on that?

Right with you on this. My original press of Boogada sounds better than the repress. Pretty disappointing really, since I was hoping for at least a minor sonic improvement.

EDIT: If y'all don't know Clawhammer - check them the fuck out NOW! @ under $10/album it's a steal. Saw them open for Mudhoney at City Gardens back in 1992/3 and to this day, they remain the only supporting act that left me wondering what I'd been listening to all the years prior. Tons of fun and fucking energetic as all hell. All because of some mean-ass harmonica playing!!

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see how repressing records that people want to buy is a "cash grab" They are a business and their job is to make money. If someone has an original copy and doesnt want another one then they dont have to buy it.

It would be dumb of Epitaph not to repress their catalog when there is this much interest for their stuff on vinyl.

I didn't see dude's original post re: Cash Grab.

Agree to disagree. I was just psyched to google image search a literal vagina made of sand. You have to agree-that photo is worthy of a Pulitzer.

Tons of boxes are already filling up a bin in the warehouse. I saw it this morning/afternoon. They're cranking all hands on deck, so even with a shitload of orders yesterday & this morning, I'd expect most of them to be into the world with shipping confirmations today & tomorrow.

Dammit...why did I click this thread?!?!?! :P

Ordered 12 LPs/2xLPs:

Bad Religion - NC (green), Suffer (orange), and HCHBAW (red)

NOFX - Ribbed (orange), HPZ (red), PID (red), WTTHAAB (white), and SLATFATS (pink)

Offspring - Smash (orange)

Rancid - LTDF. Indestructable (red), and the first self-titled LP

1. Bad Religion | Orange Vinyl (Epitaph Exclusive-Ltd to 300) - LP (Orange-Excl.)-Suffer ($11.99)

2. NOFX | Red Vinyl (Epitaph Excl.-Limited to 300) - LP (Red Vinyl-Excl.) Punk In Drublic ($10.99)

3. NOFX | LP-White Vinyl (Epitaph Excl) - LP (White-Excl.) White Trash, Two Heebs & a Bean ($10.99)

4. Motion City Soundtrack | LP - LP-I Am The Movie ($10.99)

5. Refused | LP - LP-The Shape Of Punk To Come ($11.99)

6. Various Artists | 10" - Matchbook Romance/Motion City Soundtrack Split 10" ($4.99)

totally worth it

I didn't see dude's original post re: Cash Grab.

Agree to disagree. I was just psyched to google image search a literal vagina made of sand. You have to agree-that photo is worthy of a Pulitzer.

Tons of boxes are already filling up a bin in the warehouse. I saw it this morning/afternoon. They're cranking all hands on deck, so even with a shitload of orders yesterday & this morning, I'd expect most of them to be into the world with shipping confirmations today & tomorrow.

Weird you didn't see my initial post because you quoted it. But, yes, we'll agree to disagree.

Edit: Oh, and I didn't see the picture until just now. It must've been blocked on my work network. It's quite awesome. Well done.

I'd say the Screeching Weasel represses were more of a cash grab than this, is it really that different? Or did you buy those begrudgingly? Honestly just curious.

Also, I found that the SW represses sounded worse than the originals. At least for My Brain Hurts. Thoughts on that?

I buy them somewhat begudgingly because Screeching Weasel and Ben Weasel projects are the only vinyl I "collect." I'll agree that those too are a cash grab. Well, pressing them on four colors is. But I'd also argue there are fewer SW collectors than NOFX and Bad Religion collectors out there.

As for the sound, it's all a matter of preference. The represses sound more polished because they're the remixes. The originals sound more raw. I like them all differently. I think the Boogada repress sounds incredible, but nothing will compare to the rawness of the first press on Roadkill before the Lookout mix was made.

I also like that the SW represses are more staggered, meaning even collectors don't have to drop hundreds of dollars in one fell swoop to get all of them. I think that's what's really souring me with these is that they all just appeared at once.

And the dude's in Italy? It's going to suck doubly for the person who pays extravagant amounts for these and doesn't get shit because the seller's records get lost by Italy's shitty postal service.

He's put them all on eBay now for 50 EUR/$71 Buy It Now...

Too soon!Too soon!

http://musica-cd.shop.ebay.it/items/Musica-CD-e-Vinili_Dischi-Vinile-45-giri-7__nofx_W0QQ_catrefZ1QQ_flnZ1QQ_fxdZ1QQ_ssnZnofx83nofxQQ_trksidZp3911Q2ec0Q2em282

I'd say the Screeching Weasel represses were more of a cash grab than this, is it really that different? Or did you buy those begrudgingly? Honestly just curious.

I buy them somewhat begudgingly because Screeching Weasel and Ben Weasel projects are the only vinyl I "collect." I'll agree that those too are a cash grab. Well, pressing them on four colors is. But I'd also argue there are fewer SW collectors than NOFX and Bad Religion collectors out there.

As for the sound, it's all a matter of preference. The represses sound more polished because they're the remixes. The originals sound more raw. I like them all differently. I think the Boogada repress sounds incredible, but nothing will compare to the rawness of the first press on Roadkill before the Lookout mix was made.

I also like that the SW represses are more staggered, meaning even collectors don't have to drop hundreds of dollars in one fell swoop to get all of them. I think that's what's really souring me with these is that they all just appeared at once.

Fewer collectors for sure. All the more reason to change the art and do a bunch of colors. I e-mailed Ben via his blog when they re-issued the CDs several years ago. I wanted to know if there would be vinyl reissues as well because the Lookout vinyl was drying up and he said no. So I made sure I snagged the vinyl then. I don't see the big deal in Epitaph doing a color run along with leaving the black in print. If it's a new color every time a press sells out, it'll sour me some. But I like having all these NOFX albums on color for the first time.

No shit, those are remixes? Didn't even know that, I'll have to give it another spin and listen to it differently. That's cool, I'm glad it's different all the way around.

I picked up So Long and thanks for all the shoes..

It was the only NOFX LP I had when I lived in the States and to this day, my fav nofx album. I just bought a record player a few weeks ago, so it would be nice to give this record a spin again.

Good choice for favorite NOFX. Welcome to the board!

Yay for payday!

Picked up SLATFATS, Punk In Drublic, Ribbed, and Eating Lamb

I'm a little surprised these are still available. I figured there was at least 300 NOFX collectors in the world that would want these.

Yeah but the Epitaph store is pretty new and with all the shitty bands that got signed to the label, i stopped watching the site a while ago. I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one.

I'm glad they wen't for this cash grab, even these releases on black vinyl were selling for too much on ebay ($18+) because not a lot of stores kept them in stock. And many of the ones that did were selling them for $15 at least. A lot of these I haven't owned for this reason, so I gladly will buy them from Epitaph for $12. And Life Won't Wait for $13, shits expensive!!