Epitaph Store - NOFX/BR/DKM colored vinyl

travis

Can I be a dick here for a minute? I can? Great.

This thread is awesome. I got so much shit for saying this was a cash grab and that I wasn't dropping $100+ on these releases. Now all you guys are getting records that don't play or records on black when you ordered colored or you aren't getting your records at all. Everyone also praised the customer service, which now people are upset about. You guys are fickle. I didn't buy any of these. My originals play perfectly, despite being on boring old black vinyl.

I still don't see how this was a cash grab, unless you are referring to the fact that releasing them all at the same time made people rack up $100 orders. I mean, the records were like $10 each. That is unbelievable compared to the Green Day represses for example that are at least $17 each as I recall. Personally, the only ones I bought that I already had were Ribbed and White Trash.

Yeah, my main gripe was the flash flood of releases all at once. But, now it looks like they rushed records that may be defective so they could put them all out in one fell swoop.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think these records are defective, I think people don't know how to set up their turntables.

I don't think people should need a $2,000 system for records to play correctly. I've had the cheapest turntables and some really expensive ones and all records have played fine on both unless there is a problem with the pressing.

EDIT: Also, this many people complaining about it is a sure sign that something is wrong.

I used to own two of the NOFX albums on vinyl years ago but sold them to help fund some books for college. I'm just glad to own them again as they're top albums of mine. Still haven't played my slatfats or rev yet, but maybe I'll give it a minute today to see how they play. I'm gonna be bummed if they skip though. If I could get the originals as cheap as these, sign me up, fuck colored copies..

I don't think these records are defective, I think people don't know how to set up their turntables.

I don't think people should need a $2,000 system for records to play correctly. I've had the cheapest turntables and some really expensive ones and all records have played fine on both unless there is a problem with the pressing.

EDIT: Also, this many people complaining about it is a sure sign that something is wrong.

I didn't say "I don't think people have enough $2,000 turntables", I said their turntables don't know how to set up their turntables.

I didn't say "I don't think people have enough $2,000 turntables", I said their turntables don't know how to set up their turntables.

Find me a turntable that can setup a turntable and I'll buy that turntable for $2,000.

I have a Rega P3 and I ordered 17 LP's (no doubles), and not one of them skipped. I'm not going to play the "you don't know how to set up a turntable" game, since it seems the problem is widespread. However, before I got a tracking force scale, I had a problem with certain records skipping. I paid around $150 and set up my cartridge on my old table, and it instantly fixed the problems with some records skipping. I think my old table wanted a tracking force of 2.25, and bein off by .25 in either direction caused skipping. I highly recommend anyone with skipping problems to get a scale to double check their tracking force.

Find me a turntable that can setup a turntable and I'll buy that turntable for $2,000.

Touche! My ADD wins again.

I'm glad there are some people around here who still have a sense of humor.

I get what you're saying about properly setting up a turntable to get proper performance. My argument (which was poorly worded) was that the problem appears so widespread that even the most expensive and most perfectly set up systems might have an issue if so many people are having problems.

Okay, okay, okay-

It's been a bit. Sorry about that. Busy getting this converge stuff up.

If you got black instead of color-that's an easy fix. Email [email protected] We had a few that were packaged wrong from our pressing plant. We had boxes that were mislabled (Funtimes having Bad Religion How Could Hell boxes with Suffer records inside) so it happens. We can take care of that so email up and find out.

Skips: I checked these out and none of mine skipped. So we're seeing some variables here.

IF YOUR SHIT SKIPS EMAIL [email protected] with the following info:

1) Order Number

2) Record Title and Record Variant

3) Location of the Skip.

These are all original plates (except Offspring) and some people are having issues and others aren't. So it's not all records which is bizarre. If there's a flaw uniformly or just a bit here and a bit there-there are things that can be done. I just need to know how widespread this is. So you're actually helping me out if you can get back to me that every record is flawed in one spot or not.

ps. I'm a huge fan of the dude being Senator Joe McCarthy shouting "see, I told you all they were communists. See?!?" Thumbs up, dude.

I dont think this was a "cash grab"

They have had all these records sitting in their warehouse and were just waiting to get their merch store up and running to put them in there. If this was a cash grab they would have sold them for a lot more and pressed a hell of a lot more.

STOP DEFENDING THEM. THEY'RE ALL COMMIES.

Touche! My ADD wins again.

I'm glad there are some people around here who still have a sense of humor.

I get what you're saying about properly setting up a turntable to get proper performance. My argument (which was poorly worded) was that the problem appears so widespread that even the most expensive and most perfectly set up systems might have an issue if so many people are having problems.

I understand what you're saying, I just find it weird that half of the people are complaining that they skip and the other half are fine. Granted, I only bought two NOFX LPs, but I bought all the Bad Religion LPs and none of them skipped either.

I guess the only way to know if it was a problem of the batch would be if it happened on the same song for everyone. It's not out of the realm of possibility since the first pressing of Samhain's "November Coming Fire" had a pressing issue that caused a skip on the first song.

Listening to my SLATFATS right now, skipped during the first little intro on Side A. The rest of the album played fine and I'm not rocking some yuppie ass player either, though I wish I was, haha

http://www.twitvid.com/A6721

Still waiting on my copies of PID, Ribbed and White Trash.

If you got black instead of color-that's an easy fix. Email [email protected] We had a few that were packaged wrong from our pressing plant. We had boxes that were mislabled (Funtimes having Bad Religion How Could Hell boxes with Suffer records inside) so it happens. We can take care of that so email up and find out.

IF YOUR SHIT SKIPS EMAIL [email protected]

What if my Ribbed didn't come with an insert? S.O.L?