OFFICIAL Gaslight Anthem Tour Thread

Guest admin1338560633

I missed the seattle show, someone promised me a +1 since they didn't have anyone to go, then when I asked about it a couple of days ago, I never heard back, which kind of sucks. So I went to the beach instead. I only wanted to see frank turner and the loved ones anyways, maybe next time! :)

You don't like Gaslight Anthem anymore?

I don't dislike them, but I'm not the fan I once was. Couple things about the band rubbed me the wrong way and after seeing them, just wasn't what I was hoping it would be, though the show I had to beg to get into was a joke to begin with. The big rock station in Seattle, 107.7, put on the show and you could only go to the show if you won tickets. Obviously I was trying my ass off to go, but this also meant a bunch of douche bag cool kids got in no problem. So yeah, going through all the routes I knew possible, was able to get on the guest list via a friend of a friend. The show just sucked so much dick. Rock stars on stage singing to a bunch of jocks who think I want to mosh with them. I dunno, I walked out half way through the set. Whatever, the first album is still an amazing album in my opinion, but the 59 sound was a step back. We'll see how they do with the next one their writing right now.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't dislike them, but I'm not the fan I once was. Couple things about the band rubbed me the wrong way and after seeing them, just wasn't what I was hoping it would be, though the show I had to beg to get into was a joke to begin with. The big rock station in Seattle, 107.7, put on the show and you could only go to the show if you won tickets. Obviously I was trying my ass off to go, but this also meant a bunch of douche bag cool kids got in no problem. So yeah, going through all the routes I knew possible, was able to get on the guest list via a friend of a friend. The show just sucked so much dick. Rock stars on stage singing to a bunch of jocks who think I want to mosh with them. I dunno, I walked out half way through the set. Whatever, the first album is still an amazing album in my opinion, but the 59 sound was a step back. We'll see how they do with the next one their writing right now.

TRANSLATED

They got popular so I won't allow myself to like them anymore.

I went last night to the show here in Calgary and it was pretty fucking good!

Honestly though I think Murder By Death stole the show for me. The Gaslight Anthem isn't the proper band for them to tour with though. Murder By Death sing about whiskey and the devil and fighting, which pretty much goes against the Gaslight Anthem's entire belief system.

But nonetheless I was glad they toured with them because it gave me another chance to see Murder By Death.

The crowd was pretty shitty. A bunch of dudes in mesh-back hats wearing them backwards and tilted a little to the side. This guy in a Dropkick Murphys shirt kept yelling at Brian, so Brian just made fun of him all night. I hope the crowds dont just start getting shittier and shittier, because 1000 bros can really ruin a good show.

They didn't do anything special or anything different, just a good long set. They played less off Sink or Swim than they did a few months ago when they toured last which kinda sucks, but they made up for it with 3 tracks off Senor and the Queen.

Probably wont go see them again here in Calgary unless they play a super small and intimate venue. I just dont want a bunch of tough-guys ruining my opinion of the band.

I dont think Brian is really pumped about the type of people in the crowds either. They all seem like the kind of people who he hated and hated him in high school. But at the end of the day, who cares. I'm glad they are selling a ton of albums and t-shirts and concert tickets. Its better them being sucessful than almost any other band I can think of.

When I saw them last week in Regina, they were quite awesome. I had never even listened to them before so it was a pretty cool experience. Brian seemed to really enjoy the crowed, kept telling us how awesome we were and the whatnot. He actually said we were much better than Calgary but didn't want to go into to detail why (which is funny after seeing CJ's post). During the encore they asked for requests and ended up playing two requested songs. Brian claimed they don't normally do that and we were supposed to brag about it on the internet. Had a 5 song encore I believe, they were on for about an hour and a half.

The show last night was good stuff. Frank Turner was rad, definitely going to have to get some of his stuff. The Loved Ones tried to get the crowd pumped, but no one was having it unfortunately, which is sad because they played really well. Turns out Murder By Death are really good live. That dude's voice is so good. And of course, there was The Gaslight Anthem , who everyone was stoked to see, including a number of meatheads who don't know when to stop pushing and start dancing. That minor gripe aside, the band seemed so stoked to be playing. I think they played everything off of 59 Sound. Brian added bits from a Hold Steady song into one of their songs and did the same thing again later with a Clash song. That made me smile.

. Frank Turner was rad, definitely going to have to get some of his stuff.

I loved him too. I boarder hopped and will also be at the HOB show. This is stolen from dimestoresaints.com

here's the setlist...

High Lonesome

Casanova, Baby!

Old White Lincoln

Even Cowgirls Get The Blues

The '59 Sound

We Came To Dance

Film Noir

Miles Davis & The Cool

The Patient Ferris Wheel

Senor And The Queen

Meet Me By The River's Edge

Great Expectations

Here's Looking At You, Kid

The Backseat

Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts

Drive

Stand By Me (just a tease/music but no singing)/I'da Called You Woody, Joe

Say I Won't (Recognize)

recording turned out meh... should have used an external mic... hopefully my friend can make it sound better... unless anyone on here is good at that type of thing and wants to give it a shot... let me know

TRANSLATED

They got popular so I won't allow myself to like them anymore.

no, it's not that at all actually, but feel free to assume all you want :) I like plenty of "popular" bands and I wasn't into gaslight before they were big or something like that. Just not my thing as much as it once was

saw them last night in Detroit. Frank was awesome! So were the Loved ones, tones of energy! MBD was good too but just didnt have the energy level the loved ones did. TGLA set was good but the first half was a little disappointing but they definitely picked it up at the end.

I was also at the Detroit show -- funny, I would say the opposite thing about TLO and MBD. I thought TLO didn't really have any energy (and I really don't like their redo of "The Bridge" -- it was much better in its original form), whereas that show was my first time seeing MBD in years and I thought they were super awesome.

I lost my shit when Gaslight encored with "I Coulda Been A Contender." I hadn't seen them play that song in almost two years (and I went to at least a half-dozen TGA shows in that time period, too).

Saw them in Toronto last night.

They played really well, set consisted of all of 59 sound except Casanova, Baby. They played Blue Jeans and White Tshirts and Wherefore Art Though Elvis off of Senor. They played Boomboxes and Dictionaries, 1930, The Navesink Banks,We came to Dance, I'da called You Woodie Joe, and Angry Johnny and the Radio off of SOS. The sound was good and I really liked all the new intros and extra parts in the songs, glad they didn't keep everthing the same .

The opening bands were another story. No Loved Ones, No Frank Turner.........nothing nice to say really.

Saw them in Toronto last night.

They played really well, set consisted of all of 59 sound except Casanova, Baby. They played Blue Jeans and White Tshirts and Wherefore Art Though Elvis off of Senor. They played Boomboxes and Dictionaries, 1930, The Navesink Banks,We came to Dance, I'da called You Woodie Joe, and Angry Johnny and the Radio off of SOS. The sound was good and I really liked all the new intros and extra parts in the songs, glad they didn't keep everthing the same .

The opening bands were another story. No Loved Ones, No Frank Turner.........nothing nice to say really.

Are you sure they played Boomboxes and Dictionaries? I only counted 5 SOS songs.

I didn't hear Boomboxes... regardless, it was a great show in Toronto. Gaslight looked like they were having a great time up on stage which was good. The crowd was pretty nice too actually, not many bros to be seen, and everyone was just having a blast. Murder by Death almost stole the show for me, but Gaslight absolutely tore it up. Not a huge Jesse Malin fan, but he did pretty well. And despite being pretty generic, Broadway Calls was fun. I grabbed one of the posters, but I was not overly impressed with the merch selection from any of the bands. One of the best concerts I've ever been to.

I didn't hear Boomboxes... regardless, it was a great show in Toronto. Gaslight looked like they were having a great time up on stage which was good. The crowd was pretty nice too actually, not many bros to be seen, and everyone was just having a blast. Murder by Death almost stole the show for me, but Gaslight absolutely tore it up. Not a huge Jesse Malin fan, but he did pretty well. And despite being pretty generic, Broadway Calls was fun. I grabbed one of the posters, but I was not overly impressed with the merch selection from any of the bands. One of the best concerts I've ever been to.

Weird, I thought the crowd was generally pretty lame. Murder by Death were pretty cool, but I couldn't listen to them for that long. Jesse Malin was pretty good, but his guitar player was a joke.

The worst part was that I got there a bit late, expecting Broadway Calls to be playing later, but they finished just as I walked in.

Weird, I thought the crowd was generally pretty lame. Murder by Death were pretty cool, but I couldn't listen to them for that long. Jesse Malin was pretty good, but his guitar player was a joke.

The worst part was that I got there a bit late, expecting Broadway Calls to be playing later, but they finished just as I walked in.

Ya, Malin's guitar player was a bit of a plug, but I still had one helluva time at that show. First time catching Gaslight and I wouldn't hesitate to go again.

Just got back from Night 2 here in NYC! Last night went to Murder by Death! I'd never seen them before and they totally killed! The instrumental song they played that the end of they're set was so intense! Gaslight was great don't get me wrong, the huge venue felt weird! Highlights: they played Drive, and It's Over, You Can Have The Diner. Tonight however belonged to GLA! They played an expansive set, a highlight for me was 1930, Where for Art' Thou Elvis, 2 covers! State of Love and Trust by Pearl Jam, and Trusty Chords by Hot Water Music! The crowd was bitchen in Brooklyn! I picked up In Boca and Like The Exorcist but with more break dancing by MBD and a Poster but there doesn't seem to be a number! and also so meat head squashed it stage diving! One bummer of the night! oh well.