How many records is too many?

idlehero

I find myself asking this question sometimes. Is there a such thing as to much? I have been collecting for a long time, and sometimes I wonder if I should just sell half of my collection or something, because honestly I can't possibly listen to all this stuff I have.

You guys ever feel like this? I just feel like I can't help myself...I love buying records! hah

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kissthesharks

Also, if you feel as if it's cutting into your wallet, you can always sell stuff you can spare with in order to buy more. I had to do that. I haven't seen that documentary. Link?

Guest kissthesharks

I love your country collection btw. I have a few johnny cash records. I have a big country collection I inherited from my grandma (buck owens, patsy cline, etc) that I haven't listed.

I don't think you can have too much, unless its 50+ copies of one album.

They way i see it its kind of like documenting your life and tastes through music, and i would hate to sell/trade a record that in a years time or ten years time or whenever i really want to here a song that i can't because i no longer have the record.

I don't think you can have too much, unless its 50+ copies of one album.

Thats right 49 and under and your in the clear of "too much".

lol

I would go with you haven't got enough records unless your house is full and you can't physically get in it.

with regards to the number of copies of one album, I think the most I have ever got to is 10 ;D

over time, i dont think you can have too many - but in the short run, i feel its possible to be buying too many too fast. once you start buying so many that they go straight to the shelf and are forgotten about, i feel you've reached that limit.

this is true as I definitely have a back log of stuff I haven't listened to yet...but I keep all the random records because every now and then I want to listen to a Men at Work album or a the Vindictives Leave Home album, etc... my back log is only because I'm too busy to listen to everything...I'll get to them all eventually...just sometimes new purchases take priority and that all stacks up and stacks up and the next thing you know you have 40 LPs that you need to listen to eventually. Shit Happens.