free stuff

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found a box of old record store promo stuff from Vagrant and a majority of it will end up in the box.

I also found a box of over 200 promo CD's (full lenghts/samplers/comps/etc) from years at record stores, shows, warptours, magazine and what not...also mostly going in the box.

The flat rate box makes perfect sense. For $10 you can get it sent quick and have a track number.

ok, i just sent the box out to steventangent. i went for the flat rate box. with tracking it came to $9.60, not so bad. it affords us a bit more room, albeit not that much.

for the record keepers:

i took:

leng t'che poster

discordance axis poster

rosetta/balboa poster

nofx - regaining unconsciousness 7"

i gave:

a bunch of sampler cds

a shit load more posters

a bright eyes sticker

and a bunch of pins including: thursday, alk3, coheed, keepsake, evergreen terrace, remembering never x2, underoath x2, fata, midtown, stretch arm strong

STEVENTANGENT: i sent you a PM with the tracking number. also, make sure to add ewokdeath to the list as i had sent it out before receiving his info.

STEVENTANGENT: i sent you a PM with the tracking number. also, make sure to add ewokdeath to the list as i had sent it out before receiving his info.

I'd be leary of adding people to the list who don't really post here, or haven't posted here at all, like "ewokdeath." I'm wondering if there should be a minimum post count in order to get on the list, something not that crazy, like 100?

anyone have any theories on how this might be affected by a trip across the border?

It may get held up for a couple days to a week to get through customs.

Also whoever sends it will need to fill out a customs declaration form

Besides that prollie nothing else.

Those forms are super easy to fill out so don't let that stop you.

ok, yeah. drunken third only has 4 posts. you might wanna take him off??

also, i've decided to take in the box while i'm here at college. maybe we should start another box to make the rounds, so it gets to more people??

yea, I think it's a good idea that people must be active members to get on the list. also, the multiple boxes thing was mentioned a few pages back and shot down.

^ I'm pretty sure that my record store has "Return to Cookie Mountain"...

Okay, so I just realized we go back a couple of minutes. In all srsness, this is the kind of board/community where people will do these kinds of things for each other - hook each other up with records we've been looking for, find things at the local store and pick them up for other users (without reselling them for a shit ton of money or a handling fee). Your willingness to be part of said 'community' is the kind of thing that will get you added to the 'box list' and will earn you the love of your fellow boardies/make you 'included'.

Really, just any little thing you can do to help others out, that's what makes this board awesome - even if it's just finding places online where people can get things they are looking for, or finding sites with good sales, or posting pressing info someone is looking for.

Welcome, Brady!