Methadones Methadones Methadones bizness

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't wait for this to happen.

You need to press "This Won't Hurt" as well.

maybe one day, I need to ask Toby about that...

second press coming soon harry!

as long as it's not coming too soon... I bought way too many records this weekend, including the first press of that (yes, I'm late, but I'm trying to catch up)

no it won't be until later this winter probably...maybe sooner, but certainly not until mid-late january

i did like the first Mopes for a while...can't remember if Vapid was in that...

i don't think i've done more than spot check the Methadones since the first or second...

ok well the first record sounds nothing like any of their other records...it's a different line up and they sorta had a semi-bad religion thing goin on...but their second record is career objective which is basically a flawless album, not economically viable is third which is amazing, kind of an odd record but for a lot of people it's their favorite album. then they did the covers album on red scare, which...yeah...not a good place to go next, then they did this won't hurt, which I think is a fantastic album, then the copyrights split, then the 2 - two song 7"s, one on UCR, the other on it's alive.

Not Economically Viable is my favorite album that Vapid has made. I'm also really enjoying the Noise By Numbers lp, it has the catchiness and hooks of the Methadones but with a more rocking foundation. Never cared for the Mopes or the Riverdales to be honest, to me they come across as generic pop/punk bands. Sludgeworth I like a whole freaking lot, even the funk jams.

While we're on the subject of Vapid bands, anyone else have thoughts about Noise by Numbers? I love them just as much as the Methadones. Yeah, Whatever... hasn't left my car since I bought it and I saw them rockit at the Hey Mercedes reunion show.

Come to think about it, I just realized I have had hit the cycle for Danny Vapid bands this year. Riverdales, Methadones, Noise by Numbers, and Screeching Weasel.

• 1 month later...

...so I came home to a bunch of boxes of the Methadones "Career Objective" LPs tonight...seems after just shy of 2 years United sent me 500 LPs to fix the mixed up/warped re-repress from May of 2008, I think...I don't even remember when it's been so long, I know I ordered them in April of 2008...so...no...October of 2008 they came in, because they broke one of the plates and I had to jump through THOSE hoops.

Unfortunately I don't have any covers, so I can't sell them just yet, but hopefully in the next few weeks, I'll be able to afford them...I do have inserts so that's not a problem I'll count the LPs tomorrow and post pictures.

Harryq

you rule

Justin if you need help assembling, let us know!

Andy,

you rule

Wow dude these are gonna be great.

phantommaggot,

these rule...and so do you.

colors are cool, they don't sem to wander too much like United's mix colors tend to do...pretty much the blue base with varying amounts of the messy colors...