Stupid People At Concerts

silentgods

So i went and saw MONO last night, and there was this drunk chick with a beer in each hand, dancing and sloshing the beer all over herself and more importantly Takaakira Goto's guitar pedals.

its like how fucking stupid are you drunk girl?

anybody else have any stories of stupid people at concerts?

there is always one at every show.

at an isis show recently this dude also spilled beer on one of their pedals and tried fighting this dude but he couldn't stand up.

Portugal the man this piss drunk chick asked me where the bathroom was so of course I walked her too it.

5 minutes later she came stumbling back to me asking where it was & i showed her again,

then soon as i walked her to the bathroom she walked back to me confused wanting to know where the bathroom is, she kept tapping me on the shoulder & i just kept ignoring her & then she proceeded to cry, and I proceeded to laugh & she got more pissed.

Went to see Blink this past Thursday with Weezer and Taking Back Sunday. Some drunk dude behind us was swinging his shirt and grabbing on to a friend's shoulders and shaking him. He finally grabbed my wife by the shoulders after hitting her in the head with his shirt a few times and I confronted him. At that point he wanted to start a fight with me, his friends, and everyone around him. Thankfully his friends were sizable and took care of the situation. I guess that's the crowd you get at an amphitheater show for Blink.

when i saw mouth of the architect there were like 10 people there tops. anyway, some drunk trashy guy was raging around in this place, trying to push mosh with everyone and ripping the pa speakers off the stage. he was booted after about fifteen minutes but not before i got a good laugh in.

i forget what band it was, but there were all these 14 year old girls who were falling all over themselves squealing at the band and one of them managed to slosh almost an entire bottle of water onto the one dudes roland fantom keyboard/workstation. the thing was definitely way messed up and would only play half the time. i would have been so pissed if i was that guy.

Went to see Blink this past Thursday with Weezer and Taking Back Sunday. Some drunk dude behind us was swinging his shirt and grabbing on to a friend's shoulders and shaking him. He finally grabbed my wife by the shoulders after hitting her in the head with his shirt a few times and I confronted him. At that point he wanted to start a fight with me, his friends, and everyone around him. Thankfully his friends were sizable and took care of the situation. I guess that's the crowd you get at an amphitheater show for Blink.

yeah unfortunately you're going to be dealing with the lowest common denominator at blink shows these days... on that tour they did with green day a few years back you wouldn't believe what people were offering us for our all access laminates

yeah unfortunately you're going to be dealing with the lowest common denominator at blink shows these days... on that tour they did with green day a few years back you wouldn't believe what people were offering us for our all access laminates

Its why I attempt to avoid at all costs big shows. You get too many "yay beer" folks who just piss me off.

Thankfully the next night seeing Gaslight, Murder By Death, the Loved Ones, and Frank Turner at a 200 person venue was 10000000x better.

I dunno, i have seen a lot of stupid people at shows, but i kinda of like it. Its what gigs are all about, it wouldn't be the same i left without someone else's beer on me. Also, i enjoy the company of drunk people just as much as i enjoy being drunk.

The only thing that pisses me off is people who talk loudly through quiet sets, like acoustic shows and mellower moments in electric shows. Its like, even if you don't care, other people here do, show some respect. Saying this, i'm pretty sure at some point in my life i have been this drunken idiot, so i tend to let it pass.

On the topic of water and guitar pedals, i was watching Hundred Reasons at Reading Festival in 02 maybe 03 and someone through a pint of something on the stage and took out the whole sound board, only the mic had power... so we got treated to some acapella renditions of cereal adverts.

The only thing that pisses me off is people who talk loudly through quiet sets, like acoustic shows and mellower moments in electric shows. Its like, even if you don't care, other people here do, show some respect. Saying this, i'm pretty sure at some point in my life i have been this drunken idiot, so i tend to let it pass.

For me, being respectful includes not getting so flipping drunk you can't control yourself and your beer. I don't need beer one me unless I put it there and for me that falls under respect just as much as not speaking during quiet moments.

While I'm sure I've been obnoxious at times even when I was drinking more heavily at shows I knew better than to mess with other folks. That's just plain rude and unnecessary.

The worse for me was the time I went to see Janes Addiction and an older lady started to grab my ass and ask me if "I had an fun stories to tell her" I just ignored her but she went at it for about 5 minutes before she finally left,also when I saw Explosions In The Sky, I stood next to some guy was trashed out of his mind, almost killed the show for me.

Fucking Freebird...

It's a staple of stupid people at concerts. I've been to maybe a dozen+ shows where some douche screamed for it. The worst was when I saw Morrissey. The guy I was standing next to yelled out for it a few times, but I guess Mozz didn't hear or ignored him. I was really hoping he'd stop the show and call him out for being such an asshat.

At a taking back sunday show in the parking lot of a mall my friend whipped out his junk and started peeing by the crowd and a I had to rush him to the portapotty and when he got out I made him sit in my car for the rest of the show.

Same friend at warped tour got kicked out at like 12:30 pm and went back to my car to pass out. He ended up taking a shit between two cars and using a cheatos bag to wipe his ass. And broke into a car to steal hand sanitizer.

Same friend at an empires and paper rival show got kicked out before it started for chugging a bottle of A1 sauce and then creeping out these chicks.

Same friend wasn't allowed in to a third eye blind show so he went back to the car with another girl that wasn't allowed in and got his nickname "monster fucker" because he got it on with her and she looked like the big thing from monsters inc.

He called from rehab today though and says he is doing fine.