Paranormal Activity

I saw it on Friday and it was great! My roommate screamed at one point...my roommate is a 26 year old male.

For me, I wasn't scared so much as creeped out. The hair on my arms stood up/got goosebumps a bunch during this. It gets to the point where you don't want to watch the night time parts because you know something is coming.

yup. pretty much sums it all up.

Maybe it was just over-hyped or I'm a bit desensitized to this sort of thing from going "ghost hunting," but I really didn't find this movie particularly scary. I got creeped out a couple times, but never really felt scared. I think it was really well done for the most part besides a couple small issues (such as the fact that a a psychic who has "built his life" around the paranormal only knows one demonologist. wtf?) It seemed like most of the audience was pretty scared because every time something remotely comical happened they would all crack up over it because it was a break from the tension. I wasn't a fan of the ending and the movie may have been better saved for a dark night at home. Definitely worth watching, though. /effortless review

I remember hearing all the hype on the Blair Witch Project which was the least scary movie I've probably ever seen. I heard people were throwing up and leaving the theater because of it and I thought "I NEED TO SEE THIS!" What I wasn't told was that people were getting sick because of the shaky camera.

My hopes aren't high, but my interest is piqued by this one (as well as the Fourth Kind).

good horror movie = inside.

This was the first Horror movie to freak me out/Scare me since I was lilke 6 years old and watched the excorcist such a great movie for real!

I looked this up on Netflix and I'm just wondering if it's the French movie about the crazy woman trying to cut out another woman's baby or the American about the kid who gets caught peeping on a couple and they invite him in for dinner.

This was the first Horror movie to freak me out/Scare me since I was lilke 6 years old and watched the excorcist such a great movie for real!

I looked this up on Netflix and I'm just wondering if it's the French movie about the crazy woman trying to cut out another woman's baby or the American about the kid who gets caught peeping on a couple and they invite him in for dinner.

French Film.

Saw this movie yesterday, Loved it, i am interested in seeing the alternate endings.

also, all of you kids that love inside should check out martyrs, it starts out as a pretty solid horror film and slowly becomes so much more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNM9kKo4JNU&hl=en&fs=1

Not to name-drop at all, but I had never heard of this until Keith Buckley was telling me about this the other day. He was raving about how good it was.

The french one. and its awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

i thought it was 50/50. i can see how people thought it was scary/creepy, but it did nothing for me. well, unless you count the "don't go home and leave me alone in this house-sex", then i give it thumbs up. i thought it was better than the blair witch project, as far as hoax movies go. my pal told me that this is one the way to being the most profitable movie ever made. it cost like $12,000 to make or something like that.