ever been injured at a concert?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a small concussion a few years ago at a cbk show. i stage dived and people just spread so i hit my head on the floor, i had a small consussion, but the worst part of it is that some kid stole my hat while i was on the floor. it was at a club so there was a lot of kids there because it's a bar and had no idea what a hardcore show was, because it was the only time it happened.

what pissed me off the most is i had the stick in my hand before the dude hit.

also, about skanky chicks, one of the skanky drunk bitches who was there went up to my friend and grabbed his ass, and his 5'0 girlfriend blasted this chick who was at least 5'11 in the face.

it was epic.

My friend got his nose busted at a Thrice show.

Worst for me was a Devil Wears Prada show. I was up at the rail, and I took a beating the whole night. Getting out of bed the next morning was terrible, I had huge bruises on pretty much my whole back. I also got kicked in the face, which broke my glasses. I know it was stupid to wear them, but whatever.

Didn't expect to be kicked in the face.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':1kz9y48b]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':1kz9y48b]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I got knocked out during Boy Sets Fire at Warped Tour. Some dude punched me from behind in the pit. Show still ruled.

Got a bloody nose at a Zao at a church basement with the Deadlines (only christian horror punk band i've ever heard, if anyone has any of their stuff please link me)

My left ear drum blew out at a john spencer blues explosion show. I stood next to the speaker the whole show. Since I had tubes in my ears twice as a kid my eardrums were already weak. Walked out with blood on my shirt. Thankfully there wasn't any serious damage to my hearing. Just a little ringing. Now I wear ear plugs like a grown up.

Guest kylewilliam

twice:

once i was 14 and seeing converge, i was right at the front of the stage and some 6' goth kid stage dived with steel toed boots, got me in the forehead.. half my head was covered in blood, stayed for the lastr 6 songs then went and got 5 stitches!

second i was atr the fest 6 and up front for small brown bike when everyone flew into me and my knee cap impacted with the stage at the venue, i hobbled away from that one. no serious damage but i had a wicked limp for like two weeks.

Guest kissthesharks

I was reealllly sore after the Converge show in Dallas. All the stage diving and what not. I'm surprised my spine didn't get jammed. I got a shoe to the face too.

Got a bloody nose at a Zao at a church basement with the Deadlines (only christian horror punk band i've ever heard, if anyone has any of their stuff please link me)

The Deadlines first album (and their live show) was awesome, I'll message you in a bit. Their second album was a complete reinvention as a glam-fuzz-pop band. It wasn't very good and I don't have it anymore.

I pulled one of my intercostals (muscles between your ribs) at a DC Talk show. Yeah, shut up.

Not quite an injury, but I got my glasses knocked off and crushed during a hardcore show. It was during a set by Time Flies and I was upfront and guy stage diving failed to take flight and plowed right into my face (high fives, stage dives!). I had to get home and back to school from DC without my glasses and I'm damn close to being legally blind without them...thankfully my friends didn't lead me over the metro platform onto the tracks... Had to wear my sunglasses for the next couple of days until I could get a new pair.

The Deadlines first album (and their live show) was awesome, I'll message you in a bit. Their second album was a complete reinvention as a glam-fuzz-pop band. It wasn't very good and I don't have it anymore.

I pulled one of my intercostals (muscles between your ribs) at a DC Talk show. Yeah, shut up.

Fuck yes! Life and times of the Deadlines killed. Fashion Focus not so much. But man I love the first. I bought it like six times back in the day and I refuse to pay 10 bucks on itunes or for the cd since I know the band wont get royalties on it. Man I really really wish there was a music blog for old broken up christian punk bands. Some of them, like Shorthanded, were fucking amazing. Any Descendents fan would cream themselves over Shorthanded.

^^The first live punk show I ever saw was a Christian group from Florida called 27 South. It was at a church retreat and there was a really shitty praise band playing, but the guitar players all had NOFX and Lagwagon stickers on their guitars. I was thinking "Why the fuck are they playing this lame ass music?" Then, after the lameness stopped, the punk dudes were like, "We're going to play some different kind of music, if it's too fast or loud, everyone's welcome to leave." They proceeded to shred.