ever been injured at a concert?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh and during hellfest 04 i had a couple of bruises. i heard some dude jumped off the second floor (to impress people, or something like that) and died at the hospital.

Aquabats show at the metro some dude jumped off the balcony and like took a chicks eye out.

My buddy got punched in the face at The Temptations show this weekend.

The most I ever got hurt at was a 311 show. I know WTF, but a crowdsurfer flew and landed on me and gave me a bloody lip and tore my shirt and pants.

i have never had any injuries but i have seen some pretty crazy shit. once, my old band were playing a show in dublin, georgia which is the middle of no where. anyway, all these kids just want to mosh and by mosh i mean practice karate which is funny because we were pop-punk with no sort of breakdowns at all really. well, this one short musclely asian dude with taped wrists and a punisher tank top is just sort of walking around the pit looking pist. against the pit is a wall with double doors on it. the room where the shows happen is dimly lit where as the room behind the double doors is lit up like a school cafeteria. this kid picks this guy who is about to pass the door and does a full on airbourne jump kick to his chest and he went flying like a cartoon. his arms and legs are straight out and he flies backwards busting through the doors. i had to stop our set and say while that was fucked up to do, that was one the most amazing things i had ever seen in my life and did the slow clap after.

and while were on the subject of not helping people up who fall down at shows... one time at saves the day/moneen/circa survive show these bros were push moshing during circa and i was on the edge of the pit next to some girl and her boyfriend. the bros decided to stop acting like territorial goats to each other and go after the crowd. one dude came by and pushed down the chick next to me, her boyfriend takes off after the guy, i reach down and pick the girl up and when i turn around this guy is right in my face screaming at me for god knows what, but i think it had something to do with picking her up. he then turns at the chick and starts screaming at her and acts like he is about to go after her so i immediately put him in a full nelson and yell in his ear to calm down over and over for about thirty seconds. he starts freaking out and he tears away from me and is super pissed. here is the best part. he gets down low and lunges at me and starts rabbit punching my midsection but it was like the most limp wristed shit ever. he starts to back off and soon as i could see his face i punched him with the force of a thousand zeuses, both of us falling to the floor. then some people grab me up and start running me away from the scene. we get about six people back and i see like five guys searching for me and two others pick up his friend who was completely dazed. i smiled the rest of the night.

other than that, im 6'1 so my head gets a beating by crowd surfers and its even worse by the dumb fucks who think stepping on peoples heads is cool. at shows my friends and i go to, if you walk/crawl/knee people in the head and are a dude, we have taken on the responsibility of returning the favor of being assholes. we rip shoes off and toss them as far as the eye can see, tear shirts, puch genitalia, work over midsections, etc. that sounds like some macho bullshit but since those people usually have no respect for the peers who are nine times out of ten just trying to enjoy music and have a great time without hurting people, i have no respect for them.

man im bored at work and that was long.

we rip shoes off and toss them as far as the eye can see

I definitely do this. Fuck you and your stupid dunks; I don't want either of 'em on my head.

I do shit like this now too. Especially after the back of my neck got tore the fuck up at a show (another Bouncing Souls show actually). Since my friend and I are on the short side, huge dudes were using us as fucking ladders to try to get onto the stage. My neck was cut the fuck up and sore as well as having a gash behind my ear from peoples' shoes. What possesses someone to think someone smaller than they are can sustain their weight? So now I just resort to cock punching or face elbowing. Some people are just way too massive to be doing shit like that.

But overall, I can't stand stage diving and/or crowd surfing at all to begin with...especially when the same person gets dropped on your head many many times throughout the night. It's like you're not really focusing on the music at this point and you're more focused on getting attention or being seen.

only "injuries" I can remember are a possible concussion from Dallas Taylor of Maylene And The Sons of Disaster, they were playing the last song of their encore and he was playing a flying V guitar and he jumped off the stage and the point on the head-stock hit me right in my right temple and leveled me.

and I once stage-dove off of the stage in Heaven at the Masquerade in Atlanta during Catch-22 while they were on a Victory Records tour (with Taking Back Sunday, Student Rick, Reach The Sky, and Grade). They were playing "1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4" and I jumped on-stage to sing and skank-a-long then jumped off stage, and nobody caught me...at all. no real "injuries" but it sure didn't feel good at all.

Some asshole Alkaline Trio fan on the Thrice/Gaslight/Rise Against tour decided it was a good idea to be an asshole that day to everyone. Im pretty sure he was on roid rage. The dude was like 6' 5" and built. Of course he was a bro, and was picking fights and pushing his way through everyone. I dont exactly remember how but I remember his elbow coming straight for my face. Totally ruined my day, I was so pissed of and me and my bro probably wouldnt be able to take him down. So no one did anything. Until he finally picked a fight with some chick and pushed her and his brosef finally yanked him out of the pit.

edit: I remember now. He was next to me and kept trying to shove me back for no reason really hard. But i kept fighting back and he went all sex nuts and retard strong and just swung his elbow back..

i've been hit in the head with guitars and kicked in the face, nothing serious at all, which is surprising, considering i'm usually up in front distracted because i'm taking photos.

actually, what's more surprising is that none of my camera equipment has gotten destroyed yet.

I wear glasses, they're always threatened.

when i was a young buck i was mixing it up near the front and got kicked in the head. it knocked a lense out of my glasses....lucky for me at that very moment a hole opened up in the area around me AND the light did some bright stuff and i was able to bend down and grab the lense before it got crushed.

as an aside to this story....it is remarkably difficult to drive when one eye has impaired vision and the other is fine.

I wear glasses, they're always threatened.

This too. Most of the time I wear contacts but if I went to a show straight from work I didn't have time to go home and put them in. I'm down to my last pair of contacts too.

And now that I have to super glue my glasses together (too poor for new frames at the moment) if I wear my glasses, I either stand in the back or sit in the balcony area.

fuck it. launching off shit is awesome. jumping off people is awesome. i don't condone purposely trying to hurt people at all, but if it happens then it happens. i don't like when people crowd punch or swing at people outside the pit, but shit happens. just distance yourself from the area if you don't like it.

fuck it. launching off shit is awesome. jumping off people is awesome. i don't condone purposely trying to hurt people at all, but if it happens then it happens. i don't like when people crowd punch or swing at people outside the pit, but shit happens. just distance yourself from the area if you don't like it.

I back this a billion percent

i totally condone balcony/tree/top of speaker dives.

i would never do it, being well over 200 pounds i'd just feel bad for people.

i've never been hopsital worthy injured at a show, but i've definitely gotten my share of "injuries"

the municipal waste set at fest last year i got a fat shard of glass (way to serve beer in glass bottles...) in my knee and due to my high level of intoxication didn't notice it until after the set when my whole leg was covered in blood. still got a pretty gnarly scar from that.

i don't even remember what show, but it was in worcester and i got kicked in the chest and it tore some of the cartilage between my ribs and sternum. it was one of those "here's some painkillers, just let it heal" situations.

i also got kicked in the head one time pretty hard when energy covered firestorm. once again i was way to drunk to even register what had happened til one of my friends asked me if i was alright.

I look forward to throwing your shoes across the venue one day.