VC secret santa?

deafmx

Justin, i think one of us should initially start the process and after all the names are tallied and info is gathered (i'll be more than happy to start the process if you can get the rules hashed out, i can divide it amongst us, and we can go ahead and contact those people with their secret santas?

Also, i don't know if this is a good idea, but maybe asking everyone if the situation arises, and people do flake, if everyone can pitch in a buck or two to help out those who were flaked upon. We had two people flake last year. One person actually was nice enough to give two gifts,and only one person didn't receive anything (mainly because they were disgruntled and stopped answering my messages so i can send them a package). I just want to make a note that we will take a voluntary donation of a buck or two if the situation arises. I hope everyone is cool with that if at all possible. I'm sure most will.

I think that'll work...i'll compile the rules tonight. PM me your number and a time that you'll be available and I'll call you and we'll connect the dots and make sure we don't miss anything and improve the system.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be willing to step up as a back-up Secret Santa since I was one the shafted two last year and CJ stepped up and became my new SS. Karmically return the favor ya know?

that's great of you juan, but let's keep that on the backburner in case we don't get donations.. which i have strong faith that everyone will come through. and if not i'm sure a good portion of us will donate enough to get a gift for that person who was flaked on..

so you did get your gift from cj?

I'd be willing to step up as a back-up Secret Santa since I was one the shafted two last year and CJ stepped up and became my new SS. Karmically return the favor ya know?

that's great of you juan, but let's keep that on the backburner in case we don't get donations.. which i have strong faith that everyone will come through. and if not i'm sure a good portion of us will donate enough to get a gift for that person who was flaked on..

so you did get your gift from cj?

I sure did. CJ batted a homerun w/ it too! ;D

I checked last years list, there were 51 people involved... , 2 flaked, and 1 person didn't get a gift. cj came to bat for one of those two people that were flaked on..

this year, i hope we don't have that problem again...

that was a bitch figuring that out...luckily justin filled in the blanks for me...

i'd like to participate, but i think that depends on what will be the price min./max. on gifts? I can't afford to spend too much, but would like to partake in this joyous event.

In years past it was a $25 limit I think. But you can make something, recycle something awesome, etc...as long as there is effort that everyone wins.

I think everyone should hold off on having a back up plan if people flake, that may just encourage it.