VC secret santa?

deafmx

My old job was to take names and scheduling and what not, so i'm a old hand at this.. Me and JUSTIN or HICKEY (IF HE WANTS) can moderate.

1. rather than not include new boardies, how, about pairing them up with those who did it last year that can be trusted to send, and have the new boardies send first.

also a rule.... all packages must have a confirmation #. that's a stipulation. It's 75 cents.. you should be able to afford that...

I don't really like your #1. I'd much rather it be a random pairing. If we're told to wait until we receive a gift, it's definitely going to cut down the pool of possible Santas as well.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm in too. i don't know what this is exacly cause i didn't do it last year. we pick numbers, put it all in a box and pick 2 numbers and those numbers send each other a x-mas gift? how does it actually work?

I'm sure an official thread will start soon with the rules. Basically, everyone who is in is randomly assigned someone to give a gift to. That means the person you give a gift to will most likely be sending a gift to someone else. The people who run secret santa handle all that.

We can start an official thread with rules and everything towards the beginning of November. This way we can get everything set up and there will be plenty of time for shopping and mailing out.

In the meantime, I can get the rules together and I'll get with Justin and Mike to iron them out and then roll out the thread. But them two fuckers will be the captains of this ship. I'll be Ishmael.

i'm in too. i don't know what this is exacly cause i didn't do it last year. we pick numbers, put it all in a box and pick 2 numbers and those numbers send each other a x-mas gift? how does it actually work?

I'm sure an official thread will start soon with the rules. Basically, everyone who is in is randomly assigned someone to give a gift to. That means the person you give a gift to will most likely be sending a gift to someone else. The people who run secret santa handle all that.

sounds good. hope i can get someone from florida who can send me key west lime juice so i can make plenty of key lime pies, hehe.

We can start an official thread with rules and everything towards the beginning of November. This way we can get everything set up and there will be plenty of time for shopping and mailing out.

In the meantime, I can get the rules together and I'll get with Justin and Mike to iron them out and then roll out the thread. But them two fuckers will be the captains of this ship. I'll be Ishmael.

You can probably find the old threads with the original rule and just update them./add new ones. That will save a lot of time and hassle.

Justin, i think one of us should initially start the process and after all the names are tallied and info is gathered (i'll be more than happy to start the process if you can get the rules hashed out, i can divide it amongst us, and we can go ahead and contact those people with their secret santas?

Also, i don't know if this is a good idea, but maybe asking everyone if the situation arises, and people do flake, if everyone can pitch in a buck or two to help out those who were flaked upon. We had two people flake last year. One person actually was nice enough to give two gifts,and only one person didn't receive anything (mainly because they were disgruntled and stopped answering my messages so i can send them a package). I just want to make a note that we will take a voluntary donation of a buck or two if the situation arises. I hope everyone is cool with that if at all possible. I'm sure most will.