Official Secret Santa 3.0 (2009)

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine and photographed the evidence. Pretty sweet haul: Ice Hockey NES game, Bad Religion "Suffer" cassette (just need a cassette player), NHL commemorative VHS (need a VHS player too!), Jawbreaker and Green Day tribute CD's, a couple demo CD's, Energy "Invasions of the Mind" CD and Energy shirt (which just so happens to be maroon, my favourite colour), a couple VC coasters, a crazy-looking Xmas puzzle, a flag, buttons, a bunch o' posters, and a super limited edition Drawn a Blank 7" (6/8)! I'm pleased as punch and I'll send a thanks and Merry Christmas to ... KEEVHREN!

Oh also:

I got my SS gift already. My guess is Johnny Hormone. i was in the process of moving and couldn't get to it, so i basically opened my package and moved. Everything was separated in the process so i don't really know what came in what package. so forgive me if i forgot something. Thanks so much.. As a musician i am more excited about the extra guitar accessories than anything. I know it's a vinyl thread, but i use the slinky's and the tortex are my fav picks in the world. So you made a uncanny guess and were spot on. And you can never have too many strings and picks...

I don't have a camera because i'm lame, so this is what i got

Guitar Picks (and tortex no less...... i love tortex picks!!!)

Slinky guitar string packs (fuck yeah)

Avail 10" LP

Jawbreaker - 24 hour revenge therapy LP

I have a feeling i'm forgetting something, so excuse me. I just have records and stuff all out of place at the moment. So i apologize in advance.

Again Thanks. I really appreciate it. THe picks have replaced my old ones in my wallet. I've always felt that a guitar player should always have at least one pick on his person at any given time. Maybe i'm just retarded.

[image]

REPEATER! 1, 2, 3! REPEATER!

a great place to start with Fugazi.

i'm glad to see you got an awesome gift after you got me an awesome gift! :D the Signal Home cd is pretty damn great, i finally made it all the way through it this week at work. i am trying to figure out who it reminds me of though, been bugging me all week.

PSSS - We don't use the punch card anymore, but next time you go in sign up for the new HT+1 card and there's a good chance they will give you a discount since it's mostly full!

crappppp. i've had a full one in my wallet most of the year and never used it. d'oh! i missed out.

Guest kissthesharks

Remember growing up and you would get your "big" present? Well the "big" part of my present was giving him repeater. I got the latest repress of it and I felt like someone deserved getting my old shitty beat up copy. That's the best part about record collecting, feeling like someone deserves something more than you. Does that make sense to anyone besides me?!

and when i say "old shitty beat up copy" doesn't mean it's shitty.

Remember growing up and you would get your "big" present? Well the "big" part of my present was giving him repeater. I got the latest repress of it and I felt like someone deserved getting my old shitty beat up copy. That's the best part about record collecting, feeling like someone deserves something more than you. Does that make sense to anyone besides me?!

Repeater was one of the first 10 records i ever bought so it holds a special place in my heart. my old manager raved about them so i had a turntable and Fugazi records were cheap at the place i bought cd's. i still have the shitty old beat up copy but it's in great shape :)

Got mine and photographed the evidence. Pretty sweet haul: Ice Hockey NES game, Bad Religion "Suffer" cassette (just need a cassette player), NHL commemorative VHS (need a VHS player too!), Jawbreaker and Green Day tribute CD's, a couple demo CD's, Energy "Invasions of the Mind" CD and Energy shirt (which just so happens to be maroon, my favourite colour), a couple VC coasters, a crazy-looking Xmas puzzle, a flag, buttons, a bunch o' posters, and a super limited edition Drawn a Blank 7" (6/8)! I'm pleased as punch and I'll send a thanks and Merry Christmas to ... KEEVHREN!

glad it got there dude! enjoy!

that's pretty awesome...I sent Jonny Hormone a copy of Dag Nasty's Can I Say(among a few other LPs) with a long note about how important that record was to me and if he'd never heard it how important it is to me to continue that tradition of being exposed to records like that...but then he hasn't looked at this thread in a while...ha! womp womp to Justin.

got my SS gift yesterday..

got an alkaline trio - goddamnit lp + PIB - Amnesia 7''.

i'm not sure if i got it right..

dan the 23 fan was my secret santa? hopefully i got it good, thanks a lot dude for everything, including the small letter. :)

sorry to disappoint, but i wasn't even involved in secret santa this year. glad you liked your presents, but you better keep guessing!!

:D