Official Secret Santa 3.0 (2009)

i was totally obleezyated when i packaged mine, and decided to make it the furthest thing from a secret about who i was.

Haha, got it in the mail today. Thanks dude!

Bridge & Tunnel 7"

TBR/Prototipes 7"

MTX/Sicko 7"

A bunch of buttons & stickers

A bus pass from a random elementary school in MA (?) for the 1963-64 school year

oh yeah. that bus pass was a kid who used to live in my house back then. i found it in the wall in my kitchen.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, got it in the mail today. Thanks dude!

Bridge & Tunnel 7"

TBR/Prototipes 7"

MTX/Sicko 7"

A bunch of buttons & stickers

A bus pass from a random elementary school in MA (?) for the 1963-64 school year

oh yeah. that bus pass was a kid who used to live in my house back then. i found it in the wall in my kitchen.

that's awesome! i one time found a map of the city of calgary in a wall from the 1970's and it was less than half the size it is now.

it was a really cool look into the past because the city was only a bit larger than what our downtown core is now.

Mine showed up yesterday! I got a copy of the It's A Very Sunny Christmas DVD (fuck yes!), a gently used copy of Chuck Klosterman's IV (very stoked to read this, I've always wanted to read one of his books) and a whole host of random trinkets, like an Angels & Airwaves keychain and a Norah Jones bookmark.

I'm puzzled by the clues, as the person says they live in the same region as me, but the ZIP code on the postmark is from Bloomington, Illinois -- that's a bit of a hike from Cleveland! But I'm gonna guess that my SS was Jake. Am I right?

Mine showed up yesterday! I got a copy of the It's A Very Sunny Christmas DVD (fuck yes!), a gently used copy of Chuck Klosterman's IV (very stoked to read this, I've always wanted to read one of his books) and a whole host of random trinkets, like an Angels & Airwaves keychain and a Norah Jones bookmark.

I'm puzzled by the clues, as the person says they live in the same region as me, but the ZIP code on the postmark is from Bloomington, Illinois -- that's a bit of a hike from Cleveland! But I'm gonna guess that my SS was Jake. Am I right?

You are correct sir. Glad you dig that stuff. Sorry it took so long to go out!

EDIT: And you're right. I had this map in my head from grade school and for some reason I thought we were both in the Midwest. My B!

And I may have written this in the note, but if you dig that book (especially the essays in the middle) check out 'Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs' and 'Killing Yourself to Live.'

So i received my package yesterday and here is what i got:

[image]

Sorry for the crappy Photobooth photo, I don't own a camera

L-R: A Wii wheel for racing games, Groundhog Day, Ryan Adams- Demolition, Card sent along that contained 3 hints.

Based on those hints I'm going to guess that my SS was...JUAN currently AKA JWOWW

The hints and my reasoning:

1. You Could say that I'm O.G. VCer. (Juan has over 14,000 posts and has been a member since August 2007)

2. I'm a huge fan of a certain label named after a mythological creature. (First label that came to mind was Hydra Head and I remember Juan posting pics from when he received his Clouds records)

3. Right now it's about 80 degrees in the state I live in. (The postmark was from Florida and that's where he lives which is obviously pretty warm right now)

So, I'm pretty positive it was Juan so THANKS! I loved everything i got and cant wait to watch Groundhog Day since I love Bill Murray and I haven't seen it in awhile. Also, Demolition has one of my favorite Ryan Adams songs on it which is "Dear Chicago". All around great gifts!

Thanks so much!

James

As a side note, I just woke up from a nap where i had a dream that you had sent a Demolition Test Press and the police were not going to let me keep it because it was opened. They said they needed to take it down to the station for some reason. I was so pissed. What a strange dream...haha