What Releases Should Come Out on Vinyl?

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt read the whole thread because its long as hell BUT i was thinking, since i cant stop listening to them and their first ep just got released on vinyl.. it would be sweat if all the Boys Night Out full lengths were released on vinyl. itd be rad if they were done similarly to the ETID box sets.. and since all their releases are on ferret (as are all the etid releases) that they would probably be cool with it.. come on VC make it happennnn!

from Vagrant :

Hey dude! Thanks for writing in. Yes, there are plans for a Thrice vinyl set with all 4 EPs. Not 100% sure when that will be out, but we would certainly have to wait for the 3rd and 4th volumes in Spring of 2008. Not sure if a 10” will work though. There might be too much music on these albums to fit onto a 10”, but we’ll see.

Thanks again for writing in and for your support of Thrice.

Not sure how many songs they have planned, but the idea for a 10" I got because one of my all time favorite EPs is At the Drive In Vaya. Then I thought about how incredible both of Murder By Death's 2x10" were and thought it'd be cool. Meh.

Guest scriptedrain

At least it's getting pressed. I wouldn't mind a 2x12 with a volume on each side. It'd be really sweet if they somehow incorporated the themes into a actual color of the vinyl or something. Usually I don't mind black, but something about the idea and titles of this release seems perfect for something special.

- Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Between the Buried and Me-"Colors"

Damn this has been blowing me away all day today. These dude are on a different level.

I keep thinking a kind of Queen flavor. Not Queen like Freddy Mercury, but Queen like not afraid to do anything and everything.

So may different styles and feels on this record.

Oh yeah and again Cobra Skulls- Sitting Army

Now that they are on an Against Me! tour they should be big enough for vinyl.

i've run into a bit of "disposable income" and am looking into putting out a band's record on wax. i had a few bands in mind but i think i'd run in to a few problems with masters and giving cuts to record labels and such. i would consider doing it for a friend's band, but i dont have any. hahha

i've run into a bit of "disposable income" and am looking into putting out a band's record on wax. i had a few bands in mind but i think i'd run in to a few problems with masters and giving cuts to record labels and such. i would consider doing it for a friend's band, but i dont have any. hahha

Wanna put out the Ryan's Hope record on LP? :)