Weasel/Riverdales off Asian Man, onto Recess

To people arguing with Zac, he's a renowned Ben Weasel apologist. This argument happens every time anything involving Ben being a prick comes up and he always makes the same argument. I think he secretly might be Ben.

This is true, I am a Ben Weasel apologist, and have been for a very long time. That said, it's because I get the joke and think his act is hilarious. I also love almost everything that he's ever written but those two things are mutually exclusive. If I thought he was a dick, I'd still love his records.

You mean independent. Mutually exclusive means that two things can't occur at the same time, like flipping a coin and getting a head and a tail.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There i an Asian Man Records army on this board.

I called out Asian Man Records a few months ago for putting out the new Jesse Michaels record with out a lyric sheet. And I got so much dookie for it.

Even Mike Park came on here, and discussed how he just works out of his moms house, and how his label isn't up to par to put a lyric sheet with the record I bought, or how petty it was of me the consumer to expect a lyric sheet with the record. Which is an intersting coincidence, since it seems generally Ben Weasel doesn't put his lyrics with his records, that pisses me off.

I still like Screeching Weasel, Riverdales, and all of Bens' solo stuff, the dude rocks and he needs to do a tour on the West Coast with some other killer pop punk bands.

Mike Park, who is not the nicest guy in Punk Rock, at least towards me. So, the dudes from Teenage Bottlerocket get that nomination from me as the most humble dudes in punk rock.

Also thanks to a poster here who's handle is TwelveTwenty, he hooked me up with a great physical copy of the Classics Of Love lyric sheet.

sickteen

i remember that post and i don't recall mike posting in the thread about that. i remember skylar posting.

to clear all that up......the first few that went out didn't have lyric sheets....then one was made for you to download and print out and then we started making copies of them and putting them in records.

maybe you emailed mike....don't know as i don't check his emails.

i can tell you that it bums me out that records i own don't have lyric sheets but thats just the fact sometimes.

i don't believe there to be an asian man army on the board....but a lyric sheet was something small that turned huge for no reason.

we get emails all the time about orders that got a wrong record or didn't get the whole order...and mike is the 1st person at amr to be like "send em a priority envalope and give em extra stuff"

we take pride in what we do...and mike has for the past 13 yrs.

btw....meet the teenage bottlerocket dudes the other night....and i'll say they are really nice.

i remember that post and i don't recall mike posting in the thread about that. i remember skylar posting.

to clear all that up......the first few that went out didn't have lyric sheets....then one was made for you to download and print out and then we started making copies of them and putting them in records.

maybe you emailed mike....don't know as i don't check his emails.

i can tell you that it bums me out that records i own don't have lyric sheets but thats just the fact sometimes.

i don't believe there to be an asian man army on the board....but a lyric sheet was something small that turned huge for no reason.

we get emails all the time about orders that got a wrong record or didn't get the whole order...and mike is the 1st person at amr to be like "send em a priority envalope and give em extra stuff"

we take pride in what we do...and mike has for the past 13 yrs.

btw....meet the teenage bottlerocket dudes the other night....and i'll say they are really nice.

That's good enough for me!!

i've seen, heard and read BW's side as to why he left. i wasn't told to say anything....and i wasn't told to keep my mouth shut. im just being respectful to milke. not only is he a good friend but he's my boss and i have a band who works well with his label.

i was just giving my 2 cents and letting people know....ben is a piece of shit. scott has some of it right....but there is more to it. it's all childish and i hope recess decides not to work with his sorry ass.

edit: after posting this i realize some of the riverdales board geeks are gonna send this to ben which will get back to mike...but fret not as we'll be laughin the whole way!

What band?

One of the best things about this board is that people usually don't carry out personal conversations in the threads like on ppmb (which I do like and post on semi-regularly). Seems like this is going out the window...

Wayne/F.T.W., I don't think I know you, but I've known Mike Park for a long time and consider him a friend. I really doubt Mike appreciates you dragging him or his label into unnecessary drama. If you've got a decent bone in your body, just walk away from this thread. No one is questioning Mike's business practices here. It's just a shit-slinging competition at this point. Grow up and show some respect for Mike and his label by shutting your mouth.

By the way, I was the one that e-mailed Mike about what you were stirring up in this thread.

Things were only heated because some loose cannons were shooting their mouths off when they shouldn't have. As far as I'm concerned, things are cooled off. They'll only heat back up when someone throws gas back on the fire.

Let's talk about something far more important, Phil when are you gonna do:

a) a Teen Idols non-album song compilation? Seriously, please get all these old 7"s and random songs tied up into a nice convenient package(ie: an LP), that'd be awesome?!

B) a new Teen Idols album, how that going?