xbox 360 or ps3?

PS3 is a better value with bluray and is manufactured better so there's a smaller chance of hardware failure or issues. 360 is much more popular and has better online play and more downloadable content,, but you have to pay about $50 a year for it.

I chose 360 because most of my friends who I would game with had a 360 over a PS3 and my main interest in games is online FPSs. Hope this helps!

i was wondering too if i should get a xbox 360 or ps3. i don't really need the blueray option so that's why i'm not sure, but ps3 has free online game compare to the xbox, you need to pay monthly fees, right?

Playstations online network is pretty meh. XBOX Live is only $50, less than $5 a month and well worth it.

If you're putting faith in physical media you're silly. Streaming is the future.

Says the vinyl collector on a vinyl collecting message board...

PS3 is superior, in my opinion.

yeah i was about to say that, haha. can't compare records to dvd's but still, i'd rather own an original copy of a movie i like rather than a burned dvd or stream, it's just not the same. but i'm not ready to jump on that blueray wagon yet, and i don't think i'll ever do.

360. Get an Elite and install the games to the harddrive when you play them so that the disk doesn't bounce around when you hit a bump.

Bluray is for jokes. If you're putting faith in physical media you're silly. Streaming is the future.

I love blu-ray. Piracy is going to kill it, but as a fan of special features like the amazing documentary that came with the remaster of American Werewolf in London legal digital distribution isn't going to give me those and piracy is going kill the profit of the people who put hours into making supplementary materials. Much the same way I like collecting records to have a physical artifact of art that's important to me I like having a dvd/blu ray of the movies that are important to me. We watched sleeping beauty last night and the remaster on it fucked my eyeballs.

I'll sell someone a modded XBOX if they want it. I'll even load some emulators on it. I have two controllers.

Piracy won't kill Blu-Ray. Blu-ray rips are still too massive to download (30gb files sometimes). There has been research that p2p is down and streaming is going up. Not to mention, the general public doesn't NEED Blu-ray. There's very little benefit to upgrade from DVDs at the cost. Also, very few people view the extra materials on a DVD. Joe Sick Pack watches the movie and shelves it for a few months. It's cool to own the movie, but why does the average person want to pay $25 to watch a movie once, maybe twice.

Streaming is the future of video media.

Note: I do love the video quality of HD stuff and I'm working on building an HTPC for HD video, but honestly it's not THAT important to me. I'd rather focus on the story.

360. Get an Elite and install the games to the harddrive when you play them so that the disk doesn't bounce around when you hit a bump.

Bluray is for jokes. If you're putting faith in physical media you're silly. Streaming is the future.

I love blu-ray. Piracy is going to kill it, but as a fan of special features like the amazing documentary that came with the remaster of American Werewolf in London legal digital distribution isn't going to give me those and piracy is going kill the profit of the people who put hours into making supplementary materials. Much the same way I like collecting records to have a physical artifact of art that's important to me I like having a dvd/blu ray of the movies that are important to me. We watched sleeping beauty last night and the remaster on it fucked my eyeballs.

wait wait wait wait wait, theres a special edition blu-ray of american werewolf in london?

i was wondering too if i should get a xbox 360 or ps3. i don't really need the blueray option so that's why i'm not sure, but ps3 has free online game compare to the xbox, you need to pay monthly fees, right?

Playstations online network is pretty meh. XBOX Live is only $50, less than $5 a month and well worth it.

If you buy Xbox Live through Amazon, it's just over $3 a month. (Although I don't think Xbox Live will be of much use in a van)