...and this is why I'm cynical as fuck.

So many people are talking about Tiger Woods and other mostly meaningless bullshit...and hardly even touching the recent senate study that shows that Osama bin Laden was within our reach.

And even among the articles that ARE talking about it, especially in the context of what will happen next in Afghanistan, nobody seems to be mentioning that catching him and stopping al Qaeda are the reasons why we went there in the first place... I have to wonder if Rumsfeld didn't know EXACTLY what he was doing. As conspiratorial as that might sound, when viewed in the context of all the OTHER shit the Bush Administration pulled, it really doesn't seem that farfetched.

Oh, America...this is how we keep getting fucked in the ass.

what happened to tiger woods?

no seriously i didn't even know anything happened to him. did his break light go out or something and it made headline news?

that news is something i kinda already speculated, just didn't want to assume. and i agree, the news here sucks. most effort goes into linsdsay lohan drama than world news. it's sad

I'm not sure how much of it can be blamed on the news, and how much can be blamed on people just being willfully fucking ignorant.

I think there HAS to be a reason why they spend more time talking about who is gay on American Idol than something important...like what decisions our leadership is making that are going to have greater implications and lead to more fucking death.

I'm already seeing people whitewash over this and it makes me sick.

Between that, and the tea bagger people that are too goddamned ignorant to realize their entire movement has just become astroturfing for the status quo...I'm getting a case of that same bile that rose in me when I realized the majority of people supported the war in Iraq and actually reelected that evil dickhead.

In all seriousness... I think the significance of the shit that has happened over the last 8 years just completely escapes most people.

I know there will always be entertainment news, and this isn't the first time this shit has happened...but I swear when I read the article about bin Laden, which confirmed my long-held suspicions, I thought....SOMEONE has to be accountable for this, right? But instead of any kind of followup, all I get is, "Breaking news! TIGER STILL ISN'T TALKING!" It's disgusting.

It's how the world is now, complaining about it is even more annoying IMO. Change the way your read your news. I don't read about fluff like the Tiger Woods stuff. If I didn't see it on Twitter I probably wouldn't have known that it even happened.

The American public probably forgot who Osama Bin Laden is, he's the President right?!?! It's been 8 years and been out of mainstream coverage for quite sometime. Yeah, catching him is a huge deal, but it's not at the front of everyone's minds right now. If this happened 7 years ago, people would be like OMFG!!!!!!!!

Kirby, it's not the way I read my news. It's the bullshit other people fixate on.

And if noticing it is annoying to you, and the alternative is sucking from the tabloid tit, I choose the former.

Get some new friends? No one pushes anything on me and I can ignore things that I don't really care about.

I still have no idea why Tiger Woods is a trending topic on Twitter. I've seen some things about a car crash, but it doesn't interest me, so I've successfully ignored it.

Bin laden is safely in Pakistan. They gladly take our money to root out bad guys but end up harboring them around the border because they want the taliban on their side in case things flare up with India. They say they are our allies but our Afghan outposts along the border are constantly being attacked with indirect fire from inside Pakistan, which their government then denies.