Highest-selling songs/albums of 2009 from iTunes

I guess this is what people listen to? I've never even heard those Flo Rida or T.I. songs.

TOP-SELLING SONGS

1. "Boom Boom Pow," Black Eyed Peas

2. "Right Round," Flo Rida

3. "Poker Face," Lady GaGa

4. "I Gotta Feeling," Black Eyed Peas

5. "Gives You Hell," The All-American Rejects

6. "Just Dance," Lady GaGa & Colby O'Donis

7. "Party in the U.S.A.," Miley Cyrus

8. "The Climb," Miley Cyrus

9. "Dead and Gone (feat. Justin Timberlake)," T.I.

10. "Use Somebody," KIngs of Leon

TOP-SELLING ALBUMS

1. Kings of Leon, "Only By the Night"

2. Various Artists, "Twilight (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)"

3. Lady GaGa, "The Fame"

4. Taylor Swift, "Fearless"

5. Dave Matthews Band, "Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King"

6. Michael Jackson, "The Essential Michael Jackson"

7. The Fray, "The Fray"

8. Jay-Z, "The Blueprint 3"

9. Eminem, "Relapse"

10. Black Eyed Peas, "The E.N.D. (The Energy Never Dies)"

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only songs I know are the Lady Gaga ones and (regrettably) the All American Rejects. Fuck...America you're wasting the digital revolution.

CORRECTION: I've also been subjected to The Miley Cyrus Experience called "Party in the USA" and it nearly killed me and some drunk chick at a party kept playing "I've got a feeling" and singing along. It was annoying and creepy.

I'm a liar.

I hope you guys are kidding. While these lists don't play to your particular tastes, some of them are hardly "kegs of suck." Kings of Leon is fantastic. Yes, they went stadium-rock with their last album, but their first two albums are white hot smutty rock ragers...epic albums, actually.

And Lady Gaga, love her or hate her, is on the verge of being her generation's Madonna, as long as she doesn't screw it up. Her songs are catchy as hell and accessible to every type of audience and every age group.

Black Eyed Peas, too, that entire album is just one sweaty party jam after another and it's a crazy fun album.

It's called "pop" music because it's "popular." It's easily accessible and enjoyable by a wide audience. I don't see the problem with people liking it. You weren't forced to buy it, so who cares?

Drop the punker than thou, or the more indie than thou, attitudes. Music is meant to be fun and exciting and a lot of the stuff on this list is.

Good to see America is finally waking up to Kings of Leon. Now maybe they won't be over hear so much singing their fucking annoying excuses for rock songs

Kings of Leon are fucking awful. They're boring and after not too long are just plain annoying. I liked "Sex on Fire" but I'd dig my eardrums out with rusty spoons after an entire album.

And yeah, I've listened to their other records and "original" isn't a monicher I'd attach to them. Not to say that's required but when its so obvious its just derivative and then I'll go listen to who they're copying.

Black Eyed Peas, too, that entire album is just one sweaty party jam after another and it's a crazy fun album.

Their shit stinks. Really, honestly, its just fucking generic "party" music and I can't give them credit for a re-tread. And frankly that's not holier/punker/indier than though that's just the truth.

And on top of that, I hope I more mature tastes and want more from my art, which music is as well, than what my 13 year-old brother wants. And I'll give you most "pop" music is good for a 3 minute break here and there but not much more than that.