Color vinyl collector sets 50% off at Hot Topic

I got the Manson one and the Killers one, and I was surprised by the quality (other than the label on the Manson one is a picture from the new album instead of Portrait)

how is the quality of the Manson vinyl? decent pressing or garbage quality audio? the price is almost worth the purchase now.

I don't have another copy to compare it to, but it sounded good to me. Only downsides are that the sleeve it comes in is built in to that box and mine was a little warped from the lack of support from the shirt compartment, but I'm sure smashing it between a bunch of other records will fix that...

and btw, way to be from minneapolis

how is the quality of the Manson vinyl? decent pressing or garbage quality audio? the price is almost worth the purchase now.

I don't have another copy to compare it to, but it sounded good to me. Only downsides are that the sleeve it comes in is built in to that box and mine was a little warped from the lack of support from the shirt compartment, but I'm sure smashing it between a bunch of other records will fix that...

and btw, way to be from minneapolis

there are a few of us on here. that's why i asked you, since i think now there's a chance of finding one around town :D i think i might hold out for an older pressing. i heard the sleeve and labels are kind of annoying. blurry cd res cover and newer pictures on the labels.

welcome to the boards!

if anyone is a huge gnr fan (and who isn't?), they should buy the Appetite For Destruction box set AND the regular vinyl that hot topic also has, and then do some sort of comparison test, because honestly, in this holiday season, it's "the perfect gift for yourself... or the mega Axl fan in your life!"

(did anyone else read all of those descriptions for these on the hot topic website? my favorites are "the mega-Undead fan in your life!" and "the mega-Antichrist Superstar fan in your life!" everyone needs an undead and/or antichrist superstar fan in their life...)

aren't the jackets attached to the box itself? or is there even a jacket? because it looks like the record just slides into the cover of the box. if that's the case the packaging of these things totally sucks.

you are correct, it's attached, and yes, it does rather suck... I plan on buying some new sleeves for these (right now I'm just storing them between extra packing cardboard things on my shelf...). If you're good with a box cutter (or even if you're not), you could cut the cover off the box and have a shiny, flimsy sleeve with artwork...

• 2 weeks later...