aggravated! (Interpunk M.O. content)

So when they had their 50% off sale here recently I ordered the Isis "In The Abscence of Truth" 2x12. Japanese import.

Here's what the website description said;

Limited (1000 copies) Japanese version of the LP with an OBI strip! Half on red vinyl, half on clear vinyl!

So I get the record in the mail today; sleeve is completely split on one side and there's no OBI strip that I can see. And both the records in the package are black (now I could just be misreading the description but I thought it was some kind of clear/black combo. I'm gonna bet i'm misreading the description)

So what's my best course of action here? Email?? or try and track down a contact phone number??

I'm not all that happy with my order from them and would like to, at least, express that displeasure.

Thanks for any help you can throw my way

The Japanese pressing done by Daymare was a total of 1,000. 500 on red and 500 on clear.

I have both and they did come w/ the OBI strip.

Ok, that's what I figured, and it wasn't a big deal for me when compared to the split sleeve/no obi sticker

I emailed [email protected] (only email I could find) so hopefully i'll hear back from them sometime.

My first order from Interpunk came completely fucked. One of the 7"s I ordered didn't come with the cover, just a 7" in a white paper sleeve and one of the LPs I ordered came with a slice in the cover from a sharp object, like an razor.

I emailed them asking for replacements and I never received any email back. It look a few years for me to do another order with them, but I've not had issues subsequently.

That sucks. I've always had really good luck dealing with Interpunk. In my personal experience they have contacted me right away. Good luck with everything.

yeah total bummer and a piss poor way for Interpunk to make an impression on a new customer.

Once I get this situation straightened out, assuming I get this situation straightened out, I don't think i'll be ordering from them again. Just lame all around.

yeah total bummer and a piss poor way for Interpunk to make an impression on a new customer.

Once I get this situation straightened out, assuming I get this situation straightened out, I don't think i'll be ordering from them again. Just lame all around.

that's too bad, I've had nothing but great experiences with Interpunk... hopefully they make it up to you (for your own benefit)

I'm sure I'll feel stupid when I find out the answer, but... what's an OBI strip? Is that like Liam Neeson naked?

You know, I always wondered the same thing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obi_strip

No naked Ben though...whew!

Now that it's established that Obi is not an acronym, you guys can stop capitalizing each letter.

Eh, I'm still pissed at them, even though I order every once in a while from them. In 2007 I had pre ordered an item, it came a week after the release date. The bonus item never came even though THEY emailed me every couple of weeks saying "they were working on it". Never got anything. Emailed them, they told me they had no idea what I was talking about, forwarded the emails to them, no response. SUCKS.

Eh, I'm still pissed at them, even though I order every once in a while from them. In 2007 I had pre ordered an item, it came a week after the release date. The bonus item never came even though THEY emailed me every couple of weeks saying "they were working on it". Never got anything. Emailed them, they told me they had no idea what I was talking about, forwarded the emails to them, no response. SUCKS.

See it's stories like this/situations like the one I find myself in that make me appreciate it when a label/distro makes it easier to contact them and/or actually bothers to be helpful and respond to emails.

case(s) in point: when I ordered my copy of the "bleach" 20th double cd and 2 x 12 it was 3 weeks after release before i finally said that 'hey, where's my shit?!" took me two days to get a response but they ultimately got to me, appologized profusely and sent my shit out overnight mail that day. Made my opinion of Sub Pop go up.

When I pre-ordered the "Axe To Fall" cd and lp through Epitaph there was some issue there too. Kings Road has their phone number listed so I called them and that day they had my CD in the mail, sending the record a week later (there was a problem with getting the actual records to KR, so obviously there was a delay getting them out to customers) But, the point is, they made themselves accessible, they were very helpful, and they did their best to treat me (as the customer) with respect. Sub Pop did the same thing.

Reading this thread I have diminishing hope that Interpunk will do anything to show me respect as a paying customer. I could be wrong, I HOPE i'm wrong...but my gut tells me I'm not.

I'll see soon enough I guess.

Well the thing is, I was super bummed, it's my favorite band and I basically held out on buying it elsewhere due to the pre-order incentive. I pre-ordered less than 5 minutes of the posting, then never got the bonus and I never contacted them about the delay as I understand things happen. I was hoping it was sent and just "in the mail". It was literally postmarked though a few days after release date. Which is acceptable, but still annoyed me a little.

Had they not contacted me, I would have thought, oh well they were out of the bonus, it is what it is. But don't email me almost weekly telling me you're working on it, then when I ask 6 months later, it's like it never happened. I just think that's bullshit.

Best of luck though man, I hope it works out better for you.

if you do go the exchange/return route be prepared to pay for the return shipping and the shipping on the item they send you back even though it was their fuck up. around 2 years ago i placed an order on the large side, a couple LP's and some 7"s. they sent me and charged me for two copies of the same 7" even though i only ordered one and the receipt i printed out after i placed the order showed i only ordered one. i emailed them about it and they didn't respond until i said i'm going to get my credit card company invovled.

at first they didn't believe me because their records showed i ordered two, but once i scanned in and emailed them the print out of the order form i printed out that said one copy they finally admitted fault, kind of. their resolution was for me to send back the 7", pay for the shipping costs, then pay a "small, undisclosed re-stocking fee" that they would charge to my credit card and tney would refund me the cost of the 7". or i could go that same route in an exchange for something of equal or lesser value but pay for the shipping costs on the item they send me in exchange. i voiced my feelings about me having to pay for their screw up and they gave me no response. so i called up my credit card company, explained the situtaion and they gave me a full refund. apparently they also flagged interpunk in their system for questionable business practices or something like that. that experience on top of the recent pre-order shenanigans with The Devil and God and the Buddha re-press results in me never placing another order with intersuck again.