HOT TOPIC CLEARANCE VINYL THREAD - UPDATED 12/6/11

For the past few months the Hot Topic in San Francisco has been whittling down their vinyl selection. They no longer have a clearance section and they haven't seemed to get anything new in a while. I guess the upside to this is now I have no reason to go to Hot Topic.

Are you talking about the one in the mall by Powell BART? That's really disappointing to hear; I haven't gone in a few months but I definitely noticed the vinyl in the clearance section dwindling last time I was there.

For the past few months the Hot Topic in San Francisco has been whittling down their vinyl selection. They no longer have a clearance section and they haven't seemed to get anything new in a while. I guess the upside to this is now I have no reason to go to Hot Topic.

Are you talking about the one in the mall by Powell BART? That's really disappointing to hear; I haven't gone in a few months but I definitely noticed the vinyl in the clearance section dwindling last time I was there.

Yeah the one in the westfield. Their clearance stuff is just gone and the general selection never seems to get updated or even organized.

Sorry, here's the list.

7 PARAMORE-BRICKBYBO

LP BROKENBLLS-S/T

LP WEEZER-RADITUDE

LP V/A-SAWVI STK

LP THISBIKEPIPE-CONV

LP TEDLEO-BRUTALIST

LP SNOOPDOGG-MALICE

LP PRINCE-PURPLERAIN

LP POLARBEARCLUB-CHA

LP LUCERO-1372OVERTO

LP IWABO-ITS ALL HAP

LP EMMURE-FELONY

LP DROPKICK-DO BLUE

LP DETHKLOK-II PICDI

LP DEADTOME-AFRICAN

LP CRIMEINSTEREO-IWA

LP COBRA SKULLS-SITT

LP BRENDANKELLY/JOEM

LP ALKALINETRIO-THIS

LP ADICTS-SMARTALEX

LP AC/DC-FOR THOSE A

LP AC/DC-DIRTY DEEDS

2XLP BTBAM-GREATMISD

2XLP COHEED-YEAROFTH

2XLP MJ-REMIX SUITES

2XLP WEAKERTHANS-LIV

2XLP/CD DROPKICK-LIV

4XLP MADONNA-CELEBRA

hey travis, was in a store today and had the girl check inventory on a few of them and they weren't in the computer. Not like listed as 0 inventory but didn't show up on her search. Do they get taken out when they go on clearance?

Not sure about that. They wont transfer clearance items around from store to store tho.

hey travis, was in a store today and had the girl check inventory on a few of them and they weren't in the computer. Not like listed as 0 inventory but didn't show up on her search. Do they get taken out when they go on clearance?

It's funny you mention that because I feel like HT.com never has clearanced vinyl haha..hhmmmm...

Not sure about that. They wont transfer clearance items around from store to store tho.

I think he's talking about the search literally shows nothing as if the title is incorrect/vinyl doesn't exist, even if he has the record in his hands.

That's why I posted about never seeing clearanced vinyl at HT.com

Then again, I could just be super tired and not paying close attention haha

It's funny you mention that because I feel like HT.com never has clearanced vinyl haha..hhmmmm...

You can filter it to show only vinyl. There's a few things up there now. Clearance vinyl usually goes pretty quickly on HT.com tho. It stays up there til someone buys it.

You can filter it to show only vinyl. There's a few things up there now. Clearance vinyl usually goes pretty quickly on HT.com tho. It stays up there til someone buys it.

Yeah I always do filter it, but my luck must suck because I swear I've never seen clearanced vinyl listed haha

I've even stood at the online kiosk in the store with an employee many-a-time.

But now that I've checked HT.com, I do see 5 records haha. I just have bad timing.

she probably forgot to select clearance on the computer. common mistake.

she probably forgot to select clearance on the computer. common mistake.

yeah i didn't mention it was clearance stuff. I figured searching by band would make everything by that band show up. thanks for the heads up.

yo travis is there anyway to tell what a specific store has on clearance? headed to buffalo this wknd...

I would definitely just google the store and call them, then ask for a list of their clearance vinyl.

ooorrrr you could go there for the element of surprise!

i called and asked what they had on clearance and the guy was like uhh hold on..so he put down the phone and went to the vinyl section and i could HEAR him talking shit "is this guy serious?! its like hes asking me to tell him every single band shirt weve got, what an ass"

he got back to the phone and i was like....dude, im not asking much, like for you to tell me every band shirt or something, im coming from a long way away and im not gonna come just for a couple twilight soundtracks. and hes like "you can always look online on the website see if theres any on there"

i just hung up on him, drove an hour and 15 minutes, got some records, and then 5 minutes before they closed RIPPED through the clearance shirts and made a fucking mess. that will teach him to talk shit!

I would definitely just google the store and call them, then ask for a list of their clearance vinyl.

i called and asked what they had on clearance and the guy was like uhh hold on..so he put down the phone and went to the vinyl section and i could HEAR him talking shit "is this guy serious?! its like hes asking me to tell him every single band shirt weve got, what an ass"

he got back to the phone and i was like....dude, im not asking much, like for you to tell me every band shirt or something, im coming from a long way away and im not gonna come just for a couple twilight soundtracks. and hes like "you can always look online on the website see if theres any on there"

i just hung up on him, drove an hour and 15 minutes, got some records, and then 5 minutes before they closed RIPPED through the clearance shirts and made a fucking mess. that will teach him to talk shit!

You're a fucking tool.

I think I love you.

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!

I can't tell if this is a serious story or just some A+ trolling.