HOT TOPIC CLEARANCE VINYL THREAD - UPDATED 12/6/11

Marked down a few new things. I posted this list in the original post as well.

Not a lot of stuff but there are a few really good records in there.

12 VANDALS-PEACE PIC

2XLP 50CENT-BEFOREIS

2XLP ATREYU-CONGREGA

2XLP MORRISSEY-SWORD

2XLP PEARLJAM-BACKSP

7 ALKALINETRIO-THISA

7 BROADWAYCALLS-BEAL

7 JOEYCAPE/MIKEHALE

7 KEVINSECONDS/KEPIG

7 KEVINSECONDS/MIKEH

7 OPIONEERS/NEWBRUIS

7 RAGAN/FALLON-GOSPE

7 READYTHEJET-S/T

7 TIMBARRY/FRANKTURN

LP NO FRIENDS-S/T

LP NOISEBYNUMBERS-YE

LP NOTHINGTON-ROADS

LP SKINNYPUPPY-LASTR

LP STRIKEANYWHERE-IR

LP THE BOMB-SPEED IS

LP TIMBARRY-28TH&STO

my local hot topic stores their vinyl records in plastic crates on the floor, which are always moved around to where they will be less likely to be kicked.

naturally, they have hardly any and don't look to be receiving any more.

My HT started out like that -- but about 5 of us who work in the mall have been going there frequently and becoming friends with the employees. In doing so, they've gotten so many records transferred from other stores because all we did is ask. Try that.

Also, every HT should now have their shockhound.com and ht.com online ordering (machine) good to go! You can order whatever you want from those sites and they'll ship to that HT only for $1.

Sometimes shockhound does "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" which is almost, even buy one get one half off. Either way, the more you go there to discuss vinyl, hopefully the more they'll appreciate your business and want to help you and help themselves (with sales)

I am in <3 with the vinyl section @ my Hot Topic. They get almost every single thing that HT sells on vinyl. AnyWho grabbed up

Morrissey - Swords 2xlp

Noise By Numbers - Yeah Whatever lp

and don't judge....

had to nab up the last copy of Eminem - Recovery lp (saving it for my daughter's collection I've started for her ;D)

with my 15% off I paid around 26 bucks for all 3.

I am in <3 with the vinyl section @ my Hot Topic. They literally get almost every single thing that HT sells on vinyl. AnyWho grabbed up

Morrissey - Swords 2xlp

Noise By Numbers - Yeah Whatever lp

and don't judge....

had to nab up the last copy of Eminem - Recovery lp (saving it for my daughter's collection I've started for her ;D)

with my 15% off I paid around 26 bucks for all 3.

What store? Cerritos? They usually get just about everything on vinyl.

I went there over the weekend and got 5 LPs (Noise By Numbers, Four Year Strong, Eminem, Tim Barry, cant remember the last one) a 7" (Touche Amore/La Dispute split) and a Minor Threat, a Ramones, and a Lucero shirt all for $48.

^^^^^^^

haha nope! Believe it or not....Bakersfield has a sick vinyl section. I pretty much cleared out their clearance section in the past though, lol, with the exception of all of the t-shirt/vinyl boxes that is. They have plenty of those left. When I moved out here, the first thing I got in their clearance section was a FYS - 1st pressing on purple of Rise or Die Trying. There were 2 copies in there!

• 3 weeks later...

I felt the need to share...........

My HT's vinyl section is about 4 feet long and 3 shelves high. It has been crammed to the max since I've been going there. They just keep getting new vinyl, and it has been on the verge of collapsing for awhile now. Sucky thing is that over half of the stuff in the regular priced vinyl section is clearance merch. They have a clearance bin.....ok, they have a clearance crate. 2 days ago, I grew some, and told the sales people that their vinyl section is atleast half clearance merch and someone should check into getting it sorted out. They said it is on their list of 'things to do'. Haha, I pretty much figured it was never happening. Well, guess what???? I went in there today, and the vinyl section was totally cleaned up (alphabetized even :o), and ALL the clearance merch had been moved to the back to price it. Now there is plenty of room to get new vinyl in. Some really good titles still exist too. (sorry for the book, but that was the highlight of my HT going experience)

I felt the need to share...........

My HT's vinyl section is about 4 feet long and 3 shelves high. It has been crammed to the max since I've been going there. They just keep getting new vinyl, and it has been on the verge of collapsing for awhile now. Sucky thing is that over half of the stuff in the regular priced vinyl section is clearance merch. They have a clearance bin.....ok, they have a clearance crate. 2 days ago, I grew some, and told the sales people that their vinyl section is atleast half clearance merch and someone should check into getting it sorted out. They said it is on their list of 'things to do'. Haha, I pretty much figured it was never happening. Well, guess what???? I went in there today, and the vinyl section was totally cleaned up (alphabetized even :o), and ALL the clearance merch had been moved to the back to price it. Now there is plenty of room to get new vinyl in. Some really good titles still exist too. (sorry for the book, but that was the highlight of my HT going experience)

Thanks for posting this, its great to hear.

One of the reasons I post the lists of clearance stuff on here is cause I know a lot of times the clearance vinyl stays in with all the reg. priced vinyl and there isnt a way to tell what is and isnt clearance so at least the people who follow this board can take the list of stuff they want to the store with them and pick out all the clearance or whatever they want.

Im sure people find some old "gems" for cheap mixed in with the reg. priced vinyl from time to time which is cool. I definitely have done that many times just cause I know what Im looking for.

I was surprised how much good stuff was in the Bakersfield HT too. I think most people in town just go to Going Underground if they want to buy new vinyl. Good to hear that the clearance is sorted now!

Oh Hey, You must be one of the other 3 people that buy vinyl regularly @ the B-town HT. I don't like Going Underground. I won't go in there anymore because he always seems so annoyed to have a customer. I wish World Records would actually carry more vinyl. I would totally buy it from that guy, he's always been happy to see me. Have you been in the HT since they beautified the vinyl section???? It looks amazing.............

I was surprised how much good stuff was in the Bakersfield HT too. I think most people in town just go to Going Underground if they want to buy new vinyl. Good to hear that the clearance is sorted now!

Oh Hey, You must be one of the other 3 people that buy vinyl regularly @ the B-town HT. I don't like Going Underground. I won't go in there anymore because he always seems so annoyed to have a customer. I wish World Records would actually carry more vinyl. I would totally buy it from that guy, he's always been happy to see me. Have you been in the HT since they beautified the vinyl section???? It looks amazing.............

I've been short on cash so I've been avoiding all record stores, but am looking looking forward to my next HT trip now! Hopefully it isn't a complete mess by the time I make it over there.

I hear you on GU, but I always pick up a couple really cool records when I'm in there, so it is worth an occasional trip for me.

• 2 weeks later...