vc opiate lovers?

I am much more a fan of weed. Shit i smoked almost everyday for the last 6 or so years but had to give that up recently. I still pop pills on occasion and was doing it more often recently but since im looking for a new job i gotta stay clean. I will probably smoke some in moderation after i get a new job. I just have lost my will to drink which is strange since every other time i have stopped smoking i would drink alot more to make up for it. Now im just a boring sober asshole.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pills addicts are the perfect examples of people with the "i'm not addicted, it's just fun" attitude.

not addicted. except you wake up every morning and puke if you don't get a pill in your system right away. and you try to start fights with your best friends if they won't let you borrow 40 bucks to buy an oc.

pills addicts are the perfect examples of people with the "i'm not addicted, it's just fun" attitude.

not addicted. except you wake up every morning and puke if you don't get a pill in your system right away. and you try to start fights with your best friends if they won't let you borrow 40 bucks to buy an oc.

very ture. i lived with an opiate addict for about 6 months. it was horrible. dude wouldn't leave the couch and constantly state how "sick" he was unless he had an oxy or methadone. pills sneak up on you and in your head you think it's ok. they are odorless and easy to hide/take at work... before you know it, shit is fucked.

I am a recovered opiate addict. Take my advice: quit now. I have never met / heard of a person for whom this ended well. When I quit I was on 120 mg. of methadone a day, plus some morphine. I quit cold turkey and it was like being tortured. Seriously, you think you know what it will be like to kick but you have no idea. It is unbelievable. I could not walk for a week. It took me almost a month to be able to walk a mile. Get out now.

Also, that much Norco is a very bad idea. That's 1500 mg of tylenol, basically. Terrible for you stomach and liver.

On my last habit, I was doing 10-15 bags a day. In Florida, a dime bag is $20. You think your little chip is expensive now, wait a few years. When I finally quit I was on 150 of methadone and if I missed even a day of that it was excruciating. You're basically dancing around a rabid dog and hoping it won't bite you.

On my last habit, I was doing 10-15 bags a day. In Florida, a dime bag is $20. You think your little chip is expensive now, wait a few years. When I finally quit I was on 150 of methadone and if I missed even a day of that it was excruciating. You're basically dancing around a rabid dog and hoping it won't bite you.

To continue the "you-think-thats-bad-wait-till-you-hear-this-shit" angle:

Casey and I (and Oakland!) have all been thru very, very similar stories - but none as bad as a very, very close friend of mine, who, as I write this, is languishing in a clinic 300 miles away from his home. His habit? 35 (yes, 35!!) bags a day. How the motherfucker ain't dead is beyond me (tho, I'm beyond happy he isn't). Cleared out his and his old lady's savings account ($9,000) in 2 months. And where did it start for him? Parachuting Oxy IRs. Now, I'm not saying everyone gets that bad from popping a few pills, but heed our warnings. Opiates are the slippiest slope out there and you don't want to get close the edge.

And like I and Oakland have said - the acetimenophen (Tylenol) in those analgesics are going to wreck you - permanent damage. 1500mg is (or close to) the daily limit, but reaching or exceeding that limit every day for a few weeks or months (plus I take it you are drinking alcohol) can and will do irreversible damage on two major organs.

The high (believe me, I know how amazing an opiate high feels) really isn't worth it. I know you didn't start this thread to get bombarded with "Quit NOW" replies, but take it as our collective interest in not seeing yet another person end up dead.

Jesus. I mentioned earlier in the thread how I have moved back to my mom's house while she gets treatment for her illness. I just did a quick browse around the house, there's enough codeine, methadone, and oxy's here to kill a small herd of buffaloes.

No, I won't sell any of it. I'm contemplating flushing it because it makes me nervous that it's all here, especially since my street has a lot of drug dealers at the end of the street.

No, I won't sell any of it. I'm contemplating flushing it because it makes me nervous that it's all here, especially since my street has a lot of drug dealers at the end of the street.

Don't flush your unused pharmaceuticals: http://www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/45083.html#How. You're going to have to do a little research to find a collection in your area for proper disposal.