Band of Brothers sorta-sequel

casey

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been waiting for this for 2-3 years, ever since it was officially greenlit. Band of Brothers was soo good. The Pacific should be just as good I hope. Man, BoB still get's me teared up in some places, and I've seen it about 5-6 times all the way through.

Not the same subject, or film company (with the exception of HBO), but if you like this sort of stuff, I recommend checking out Generation Kill which was on HBO also. It was set during the invasion of Iraq. It's very good.

There's really nothing better than dedicating a whole weekend to watching Band Of Brothers start-to-finish. Such a fantastic story.

Exactly. It's one of those things that if it's on I HAVE to watch it. I wake up on Saturday morning with a to do list and flip on the tv and a marathon is on... there goes my weekend plans.

i'm looking forward to this, heard about a few months ago. i love band of brothers, really anything WWII. The Pacific should shed some light on the pacific theatre, which many people don't know as much about compared to the European theatre. the pacific gets overshadowed by what happened in Europe, except for the atomic bombings.

i'm looking forward to this, heard about a few months ago. i love band of brothers, really anything WWII. The Pacific should shed some light on the pacific theatre, which many people don't know as much about compared to the European theatre. the pacific gets overshadowed by what happened in Europe, except for the atomic bombings.

this.

my girlfriend is a social studies teacher and she is beyond stoked on The Pacific. She is hoping that she'll be able to use parts of it in her teaching plans for WWII in the future.

there were a few military conflicts before the Korean War if you want to get technical. the Indochina Wars and the Greek Civil War come to mind. both the U.S and Britain were involved in those, they just weren't as highly publicized as the Korean War.

I knew someone would start to argue semantics...

And if you really wanted to argue technicalities, congress hasn't declared a war since WWII.

Sorry to thank you and then disagree with you in the same thread soysquad, but congress did declare "The War On Drugs."

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43913

c'mon, that wasn't even a military action.

but I guess technically you are correct. either way, this thread is devolving as fast as the pot thread. Let's get this back on track

3 MILES UP, 3 MILES DOWN!!!!

David Schwimmer was perfect for the role he played, the douche officer that thinks he's hot shit because of his rank, but when it comes down to it he's incompetent and hides behind his rank. he looks and acts the part perfectly. the scene when he cut the fence and all the cows escaped was priceless, and then when his squad got captured almost immediately after the war game started because of his incompetence.