Cell Phone Providers

i use verizon and have never had a problem. i just hate not having a SIM card in my phone.

Agreed! But i never really used my SIM to switch to other phones, so it's moot. I switched from att/cingular/att and love verizon! I kind of thought it was funny because I had my service with them for about 6 years and didn't care that I wasn't renewing. So far Verizon has my vote. They're pretty nice and I'm getting a better deal by about $10 then I was with Cingular and have more options in my plan.

for canadians: i used bell for like 2 years and fido for over a year and here's what I have learnt

1. bell sucks. never go with them, E-V-E-R.

2. fido has good coverage and i guess OK prices, but the customer service sucks more and more each month. and its impossible to get a customer service employee without a giant impossible to understand accent from whatever country. seriously

From what I can tell Verizon is widely known for having the best coverage and the worst phones. I've had them for a while and have used a treo along with regular handsets and have been happy with them. From what I hear from others not sure I'm nearly as picky. I don't really care about games or ringtones or the like. I just want a phone that makes calls, not one that can't dance a jig.

I'm on Sprint and I LOVE it. I've been using them for 4 years now. In all honesty, when my contract is up 1.5 years from now I will probably see if iPhone is on any other providers then AT&T.

ANYWAYS, the most amazing thing about sprint is the SERO plan. 500 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited pic sending, unlimitied internet, no roaming, 8 PM nights.... $30 a month!!!

If you're interested in getting the plan check out Sprint.com/SERO. You'll have to message me for the employee e-mail because I really don't wanna give it out in public.

I work for Sprint also, and I have to say, they really are something else. Especially if you have a family plan. You can get 1400 shared minutes, for 90 bucks a month. That includes no roaming, free Sprint to Sprint, and your nights and weekends start at 7. Sprint also has quite a few deals with companies, where you could get a big ass discount. For example, anyone who works at the hospital here, if they use Sprint, can get 20% off their bill each month.