how do you deal with a breakup

Guest kylewilliam

Guest kylewilliam

after two years of living together, jillian and i broke up. it was an intense, insane, and beneficial relationship, and i am going to be torn up about it for a long time to come... how have you all dealt with your breakups?

It sucks man. No matter what anyone says it won't make you feel better, but time eases the pain. Last fall I was devastated when my ex and i broke up, but now I'm doing well and have met this amazing girl because of it. It gets easier. I promise.

Best advice I have is to let your records sing your blues.

Wish you the best.

I'm going through this right now. I have lived with her for 2.5 years and dated her for 1.5. Now it's moving into the " I should move out part" and she always wants to know why I don't want to be with her. She seems to brush off the obvious answers I give her. I'm almost incapable of dealing with it. It just didn't work and I'm afraid it won't again. Not sure I can deal with it again. It just didn't seem fair sometimes and I can't deal with the inconsistencies.

Try to go on a roadtrip or something with a couple of friends. Of course this won't negate your feelings but having good experiences will help you realize that you can still have fun.

This.

A massive roadtrip helped me alot after my last breakup. Don't forget to listen to Conor Oberst -S/T while you're on the road. It's the perfect recovery combo.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':we1bkc7d]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':we1bkc7d]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

My shrink helped me immensely, as did the cafe next to her office where I met, and fell in love with, Amy.

Eventually (and hopefully), you will feel that the break-up was the best thing for you, that it happened for a reason, and that you are much, much better off now than you were then. When you get to that place, you will not be able to imagine how you ever felt loss in the first place.