Best Picture nominees

What gets your vote? If Avatar wins I will kill myself.

The Blind Side

District 9*

An Education

The Hurt Locker

Inglourious Basterds*

Precious

A Serious Man

Up*

Up in the Air

I definitely need to see the ones I haven't. I've only seen the asterisked ones. Out of those I'd vote for IB.

Such a random assortment.

Agreed. Half of these movies have absolutely no shot. I think they're just trying to get more people to care. Out of the four I've seen I think the only one I've seen that even has a chance of winning is Up, and I would be shocked if that won. I've been hearing great things about Hurt Locker and Up in the Air, and I really want to see Precious after seeing the director on the Daily Show.

I seriously doubt avatar will win.. it's like star wars.. it has great effects and such, but such a weak, and i do mean weak, storyline. Usually if a movie is heavy effects oriented movie, it has to have a strong script, or at least a decent script. Which probably will be the reason it won't get picked. at least not for BEST PICTURE.

IMHO of course.

I'll be watching the rest of these movies to come up with a better opinion.

I've only seen half of the nominees (Avatar, Inglourious Basterds, District 9, Up In The Air and Precious), but out of those, I'd pick District 9. I know it has zero chance of winning, though.

Agreed. I think District 9 was the best, but I know its not gonna win.

I think if they didn't double the nominees it would have been between these 5

An Education

The Hurt Locker

Precious

A Serious Man

Up in the Air

I seriously doubt avatar will win.. it's like star wars.. it has great effects and such, but such a weak, and i do mean weak, storyline. Usually if a movie is heavy effects oriented movie, it has to have a strong script, or at least a decent script. Which probably will be the reason it won't get picked. at least not for BEST PICTURE.

IMHO of course.

i hope you dont mean weak storyline in star wars!

IMHO of course.

i hope you dont mean weak storyline in star wars!

ok, bad choice of movie.. i was referring to the series as a whole. maybe i should have said everything after EMPIRE. and the only reason EMPIRE was great was because he had kazdan and a slew of others to help form his corny ideas into something spectacular. Not to mention having Kirschner come in to direct EMPIRE (now that was a movie) . Also his wife as editor (which there is something to be said about a editor). he got lucky on A NEW HOPE. I think mainly because he had a bunch of people telling him to change his stupid ideas. When left to his own devices... well, i think the last trilogy speaks for itself.

sorry for the rant. i just loath that man with a passion. Star Wars would have probably been a lot better as a series if he had screenwriters and directors throughout the last 3 movies.

The Blind Side

District 9*

An Education

The Hurt Locker

Inglourious Basterds*

Precious

A Serious Man

Up*

Up in the Air*

Up should win, but The Hurt Locker most likely will. People LOVED Up in the Air, I thought it was pretty good, but not OMFG!

Up instantly became one of my favorite movies ever.

• 3 weeks later...