+/- about your day

+saw Torche play in a garage last night. I've never been more so sweaty in my life, but it fucking ruled.

these guys never let me down...

you gonna go to the show during fest?

i'm hoping to. i'm shooting again this year so not sure what venues we'll be covering. I can usually bounce around though, so I definitely want to try and make my way over there.

these guys never let me down...

you gonna go to the show during fest?

i'm hoping to. i'm shooting again this year so not sure what venues we'll be covering. I can usually bounce around though, so I definitely want to try and make my way over there.

with kylesa, high on fire, and them possibly playing the same bill, how can you not go. its gonna be brutal.. and im pysched

Guest eriathomas

- Still worried I have something seriously wrong with me, even though the tingling is gone and I just have slight pain every so often.

- Really freaked me out my calves started to hurt a bit after walking home from my friends tonight.

- Really beating myself up mentally over this stuff.

+ Watched some anime and calmed down a bit.

+ Hanging out with my friends for a bit helped me calm down a bit too.

+ I can't believe i woke up at 8am and didn't have to work.. fuckin' weird being up this early. what do i do with myself. i think it may be room cleanin' time and possible early laundry day.

+ Just got a email that my printer is ready to be picked up at the local wal-mart. Fuck yeah!

+?? Hopefully my big box o' 7"s that i bought will be here today.

- have no money to do a damn thing today.. freakin' sux. i dont even have money for the bus to go see a movie.

Guest eriathomas

- I went and got my swollen heel checked out, and they said I probably have plantar fasciitis. I need to do some stretches and get some heel inserts for my shoes.

+ Doctor said my pulse and stuff was still really good, so I should stop worrying about Buerger's and other circulation stuff.

- Still in the back of my mind, and probably will be until I feel normal again.

Edit: Anyone use any kind of shoe inserts for heel or any other kind of pain? Any recommandations? The Dr. told me Spenco (I think) or Dr. Scholl's.

+ Had a date tonight with a chemist from my work and it went really well.

- She's 18 years older than me, and married with 4 kids. This is not good karma...

----15th straight day of work with no end in sight. I might have to work this Sunday and miss the Kid Dynamite show. Anybody wanna buy my ticket if I can't go?

- I went and got my swollen heel checked out, and they said I probably have plantar fasciitis. I need to do some stretches and get some heel inserts for my shoes.

+ Doctor said my pulse and stuff was still really good, so I should stop worrying about Buerger's and other circulation stuff.

- Still in the back of my mind, and probably will be until I feel normal again.

Edit: Anyone use any kind of shoe inserts for heel or any other kind of pain? Any recommandations? The Dr. told me Spenco (I think) or Dr. Scholl's.

my feet always hurt as I am on them all day. It depends what shoes I wear but even the best break down after time. The arch of my foot always hurts and sometimes the heel too. I have one of those leg/foot massagers and that helps but Im always looking for something new.

There is a place here called the goodfeet store or something like that. They sell an insole that fixes foot pain I guess. They cost like $400. A guy at work has them actually and he bought them ten years ago and they are still going so I might look into making the investment.

yyeeahhhh if you're taking her on dates, you probably want something more than just to sleep with her. so....she ends her marriage so you can shack up with a lady almost twice your age with 4 kids who will most likely hate you because you essentially broke their parents up? not ideal.

plus, yeah, the karma.

Guest eriathomas

- I think the thinkpad on my laptop is giving me a blister/callus on my right index finger and it feels really weird. I'm also hoping that's all it is, and not something bad from whatever.

- My doctor is still out of town, and I'd really like to see him about it and my anxiety/mental state since I've been really hard on myself mentally the last few weeks.

+ 2 days off again this week.

+/- Classes start in 3 weeks. I'm stoked to learn, but I also hate doing it at the same time.

- Broke until this weekend, and I need to get some gas, heel inserts and new sheets for my bed since I somehow ripped the mattress cover and mattress pad.

As some of you may remember or have picked up from posts, my mother is away recovering from a bone marrow transplant and has been gone since mid-January. She won't be back any time soon, so I've been taking care of my sister, the dogs, my mom's car, and her house since then.

We've been seriously limping through the past 7 months, and it REALLY started to get rough. My mom and my aunt told me I needed to take a break and get away, so I booked a trip to Chicago (I leave tomorrow) while my sister flies up to Boston to hang with my mom. Because everything was getting tight - I mean TIGHT - I started feeling insanely guilty about going to Chicago to run around like an idiot with 2 of my friends.

Today, though, SSI finally kicked in. $1805 showed up in my (mom's) bank account for the month of August. This adds with the $400 we get from my father for my sister's child support payments. On top of that, my mom received a check for $905 MORE for money for Kate (my sister). This is HUGE. After living in squalor for 7 months, this is an enormous relief. I'm seriously about to cry, it's such a relief.

I know I could've been much better at this - I found myself in bars more nights of the week than I really should have, and while I did cut down record spending, I still have bought 2 or 3 records a month that could have been money better spent. My sister and I eat more pasta than is probably healthy, but now we can go grocery shopping and eat healthily. I might be able to budget enough to get my mom's dog's rotting tooth pulled (almost $800). I can get an oil change. I can breathe.

It's awesome.

(I can also buy a six-pack of Sam Adam's Coastal Wheat and not feel guilty.)

^

dude, while I can't pretend to understand how tough it must be in your current situation after reading your posts for just a little while I can tell how exhausted you sound.

That little shit, the records, the partying...that's whats keeping you sane. I have certainly been in tough spots before and it seems ridiculous wondering how you are going to make everything work and then going to the store and buying a twelve pack. You need to keep the mental ship afloat first and foremost.

Hope your mom is doing well. Have fun in Chicago.

Thanks man. It gets pretty tiring, and I'm just glad my sister is not a normal 16-year old. I'm pretty sure if 16-yr-old-me were left as unattended as I leave her, I'd be doing a lot of stupid shit. She finds ways to get to softball or hockey, reads her AP English summer reading books, and has friends over for a fire in the fire pit, but doesn't even know how to start it on fire.

I've been on such a working rampage since my mom left that when I wake up on Saturdays and Sundays and have nothing to do, I feel REALLY strange. I worked a month straight with no days off early this spring, some of those days starting with me leaving the house at 6:45 am and returning at 1am, never being able to stop home or take a break. I'm taking 3 classes this semester, two of them being M-W-F during the day, which will cut into my subbing (and therefore put a huge dent in my income). Now I don't have to worry about that.

It's just an unbelievable weight off my shoulders.

My mom is moving in the right direction - because she's been sick since she was 18 (36 years ago), this isn't a standard bone marrow transplant, and there's lots of side effects or other things to deal with. Her bad numbers are coming down, her good numbers are coming up. It's all slow, but it's been a great month.

We have a benefit coming up late September. We're hoping it turns a small profit for us, but more than anything, I'm just really excited to throw a good party. I have friends coming in from Washington DC, Boston, Kentucky, LA, Syracuse, Vermont coming to hang out with some of my teacher friends and my high school friends, plus family friends and cousins... I just can't wait for that.