+/- about your day

Can't they just outsource that testing job to high school biology classes?

I suppose...

It would probably save them lots of money, but do you really want to undergo cataract surgery with equipment tested exclusively by students in a high school setting? I do think the US should do like many European countries and allow high school students to apprentice in settings like this.

It's also more in the realm of mechanical engineering, and I doubt that dissecting cow eyes every day would provide these students with a well-rounded education.

+ I got a complete moron Fired today! After 3 years of him totally taking advantage of this job on something so small, and no one knows it was me.

+ Got my wedding ring re-sized after I've lost 65lbs.

+ Hanging out with our best friends(my wife and I) tonight and trying out different beers eating Chipotle.

-Tomorrow and the days following will not top the positivity of today.

- just got a parking ticket that was made in advance, when I was out in plenty of time. First Chicago cop I've ever had an issue with. FUck that guy.

Seriously, fuck living across the street from a school. I want to move so badly. And that's the first time I've ever stated THAT.

- no fucking money TO move.

- My girlfriend is going with her dad's college team to Pittsburgh for the weekend. I'm not super-pumped about that, not because I'm controlling or possessive or anything, but because there's a guy on the team that is over-the-top intense and creepy and in love with her. He sent her last boyfriend a message telling him to leave her alone or he'd kill him, and he's basically threatened her, and he's a loose cannon because he has some serious issues from being in the Marines and having PTSD. I'm really not comfortable with them being around each other for two whole days.

- My girlfriend is going with her dad's college team to Pittsburgh for the weekend. I'm not super-pumped about that, not because I'm controlling or possessive or anything, but because there's a guy on the team that is over-the-top intense and creepy and in love with her. He sent her last boyfriend a message telling him to leave her alone or he'd kill him, and he's basically threatened her, and he's a loose cannon because he has some serious issues from being in the Marines and having PTSD. I'm really not comfortable with them being around each other for two whole days.

I'm sure everything will be fine. Don't stress. Go bet some ponies and drink some beers. She'll be back in no time!

I know. I just have a big imagination.

But!

- I've only been close / dating this girl for like.. I don't know, 6 weeks or so? I think her friends are bad influences, or at least I'm hoping that's the reason. The other morning when I was at her house, her friend was sending her engagement rings to pass on to the friend's long-time boyfriend/soon to be fiance. Then Ashley started shopping for her own rings and showing me. Now she's boozing with a few of her friends and watching girly movies or something dumb and she said she wants a baby.

I know. I just have a big imagination.

But!

- I've only been close / dating this girl for like.. I don't know, 6 weeks or so? I think her friends are bad influences, or at least I'm hoping that's the reason. The other morning when I was at her house, her friend was sending her engagement rings to pass on to the friend's long-time boyfriend/soon to be fiance. Then Ashley started shopping for her own rings and showing me. Now she's boozing with a few of her friends and watching girly movies or something dumb and she said she wants a baby.

[image]

- Coaching is being ruined by the off-ice antics. I don't know if its this particular group of players that sucks or if its the age group, or what, but it's sucking all the fun out of coaching. I can't even deal with the on-ice game because they're drinking on tournaments, fighting with each other, dating each other (they're girls), picking fights with people on other teams over things that happened 5 years ago, getting into facebook and twitter drama. It's un-fucking-believable. They need a team psychiatrist. I had to send an email out to the team saying that either they stay with an adult for States, or they aren't playing, and it's causing a mini-shit storm because they think every tournament is a goddam party.

- Son of a bitch! I forgot I'm supposed to be going to Syracuse this weekend for a lacrosse thing. It's bad because I'm poor and I had a nice 10.5 hour shift lined up that I have to give up.

-- It's a pain in the ass giving up shifts because we have to find our own replacements, and one manager broke his hip, the other is in NYC, another got in trouble and can't work outside his regularly scheduled hours, another is out with some other health issue, one already works at the other rink, and two more are useless and never pick up shifts. Between the two rinks, there's like 12 or 14 people who can manage, but only 3 of us ever pick up extra shifts for other people.

- I'm apparently in a shitty mood recently because there's a lot of negative stuff spewing out of me onto this thread.

+ To find some positives, I was just thinking about how I get paid to essentially sit around and facebook / VC / whatever. My whole position is to make sure things don't go wrong, and if you do that well enough, there's actually NOTHING to do. Other employees do all the work while I sit on my laptop, look pretty, and then skate after everyone else is gone.