Minus The Bear-OMNI May 4th

chaz725

Recent Dangerbird Records signees, Minus The Bear have revealed that their next album will be called OMNI and that it will be released May 4. According to a press release for the band, the album--produced by Joe Chiccarelli (the White Stripes, My Morning Jacket)--is an "exploration of erotic themes and fascinating tales of human sexual relationships."

MTB have also announced that they'll support the album with a six-week North American tour kicking off April 21. Dates will be announced shortly.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the album--produced by Joe Chiccarelli (the White Stripes, My Morning Jacket)--is an "exploration of erotic themes and fascinating tales of human sexual relationships."

isn't that what most of their shit is about?

hahaha

"erotic themes and fascinating tales of human sexual relatinships" just sounds so intelligent yet if you ask any of the guys in the band, they'll probably just say "sex, drugs, rock n hoes"

Guest errolwest

im stoked on what ive heard so far, but I am fairly comfortable in saying nothing they do will hold a candle to highly refined pirates/menos el oso. but thats just me.

I hope they make their way to Florida...preferrably near me...when they embark on that tour in April.

I really hope they get to DC again and have a better sound check...holy shit everything was insanely loud and some ppl had to leave from ridiculous headaches haha...I do not know much about sound but I'd have to say there was some intense negative feedback in the mic and at times there would be this insane loud pitch that made everyone grab their skulls

Eitherway, besides the bloody ears, it was fuckin great

My thoughts exactly.

Stoked still though.

They addressed this while they were recording, though I don't remember exactly what they said. I think it was basically they wanted some fresh ears or something, I will try to find it.

I found this Interview with Erin Tate who briefly mentions the transition in producers

I hope they make their way to Florida...preferrably near me...when they embark on that tour in April.

I really hope they get to DC again and have a better sound check...holy shit everything was insanely loud and some ppl had to leave from ridiculous headaches haha...I do not know much about sound but I'd have to say there was some intense negative feedback in the mic and at times there would be this insane loud pitch that made everyone grab their skulls

Eitherway, besides the bloody ears, it was fuckin great

The last time I saw them was at the 9:30 Club, I think in October of 08, and not only did they sound like dog balls, they were more boring than ever.

I wonder if they'll continue the tradition of sounding more and more overproduced with every album... let's try to get a little more compression and some autotune on those vocals.