No Knife Apreesh

No Knife are one of my all-time favorite bands. All four of their full-lengths were pressed on vinyl, and they're rather hard to come by (I still haven't gotten a copy of Hit Man Dreams). Their split LP with Nine Days Wonder was also pressed by a Czech label, and they have a handful of 7-inches and splits.

i have Fire in the City of Automatons on black from the very first pressing of it, on time bomb recordings. they repressed it on green and black through dim mak, which included japanese writing on the cover. picked it up at a thrift store for 50 cents.

original pressing

[image]

dim mak pressing

[image]

didn't Better Looking release the Riot For Romance vinyl? it's not on their site but i figured they did it. i just would like a cheap cd copy of that album if anything. only one i don't own on cd or vinyl now.

i got the Dim Mak "Fire.... "on black from http://www.bluecollardistro.com/dimmakrecords/categories.php?cPath=36 but it looks to be out of stock now. LOVE that album, did a brief stint of street team/promo stuff for Time Bomb when the dude from Immortal left to take a job at Time Bomb and i got a huge box of their current catalog.

otherwise, i got the 12" split from Deleted Art years ago. costly import. i would love a No Knife reunion. i only got to see them with SDRE in AZ before the 2nd SDRE split. greattttt show.

I think I managed to catch No Knife twice. Once with Braid at the Fireside. Once probably opening for Jimmy Eat World or someone at the Metro. Both pre-2000. They were quite good.

Any of them in other more active bands these days? Or are they still just doing No Knife?

I was also at that Braid show -- No Knife blew me away. I've been a fan ever since. No Knife's been more or less on hiatus for about the past five years, but they got together to play a handful of those Jimmy Eat World "Clarity x 10" shows last year. Ryan Ferguson has been putting out solo records in that time, but I don't know what the other guys are up to.