Anyone sell everything or think of selling it all?

I actually bought some vinyl from someone who's getting rid of all his records (and everything else) today. I didn't spend a lot but some of the stuff he had was insane, he said it was too much clutter.

I dont think I could get rid of my comics or my records but I have a lot of junk in my closet that needs to go.

Sure, I could sell it all. Everything but my pearl handled six shooter, Petunia. Figger I might hop trains a piece. Head out west. Odd jobs mostly. I cut a man once. Get a small schooner. Maybe make my own flag. Sail out somewhere no one knows my name. Start over. Maybe franchise a little grocery chain. Make people sign up for discount cards, but never actually put anything on sale. Fuck 'em right?

Sure, I could sell it all. Everything but my pearl handled six shooter, Petunia. Figger I might hop trains a piece. Head out west. Odd jobs mostly. I cut a man once. Get a small schooner. Maybe make my own flag. Sail out somewhere no one knows my name. Start over. Maybe franchise a little grocery chain. Make people sign up for discount cards, but never actually put anything on sale. Fuck 'em right?

That was really funny, +1

every once in a while i go through my closet and pick out the stuff that either doesn't fit anymore or i never wear any more and donate it to the Salvation Army. other than that i've never had the need to sell or get rid of everything.

Here's a dumb question: How exactly does one donate clothes to Salvation Army/Goodwill? Can you just show up with a box of old clothes you no longer want, or do you have to call ahead or something? There's a Goodwill a mile or so away from me, and I'm finding myself with a ton of old clothes I no longer want. Do they take anything clothing-related (i.e., socks, belts), or just shirts/pants?

I feel like the world's biggest retard even asking this stuff, but I honestly have no experience with this.

Most Goodwills will just have a bin that you can throw bags of stuff into. Some have "donation centers" which are just manned trucks where they'll give you a receipt for your taxes or whatever. They don't look through the bag right then so donate whatever you want. If they can't sell it, they'll throw it away. I'm not sure used socks are such a hot commodity.

There was a thread about this a little while ago, i can't find it now but it there was an artist bloke who sold everything family photos the lot.

I would never do it because i kind of find some kind of stupid security with owning things, but i love the idea of selling everything and getting rid of all ties and just buggering off. I'm not a sentimental person and could get rid of most of my things, but i think it would be hard to let go of my records, especially ones that i put a lot of effort tracking down. Another reason i hang on to things is the thought of having to find the money to re-buy the item.

If i won the lottery or inheritance or something and money was no longer an issue i think it would find it a lot easier to part with things, i know it sounds stupid but if i was rich i wouldn't spend it on buying big houses and cars and the usual crap i would put my records in storage, sell all my furniture/TV etc and just go roaming. The less things tying you to one place the better. My whole thinking process means that a replaceable digital file on a ipod is a much more attractive thought, how ever my sickness for records is far stronger!

Another point which is a little on on the matter is that when i die i don't want a single place dedicated to mourning for me, i don't want a grave or an urn or something for people feel the need to visit to have to keep up. i hate the idea. i'd much rather bee packed in to a firework and launched somewhere nice!

every once in a while i go through my closet and pick out the stuff that either doesn't fit anymore or i never wear any more and donate it to the Salvation Army. other than that i've never had the need to sell or get rid of everything.

Here's a dumb question: How exactly does one donate clothes to Salvation Army/Goodwill? Can you just show up with a box of old clothes you no longer want, or do you have to call ahead or something? There's a Goodwill a mile or so away from me, and I'm finding myself with a ton of old clothes I no longer want. Do they take anything clothing-related (i.e., socks, belts), or just shirts/pants?

I feel like the world's biggest retard even asking this stuff, but I honestly have no experience with this.

There should be goodwill donation shops all over the city, as well as drop off bins (that look like free standing USPS mail boxes) that you can drop shit into. Also Salvation army is rad, cause i can call them and they will come pick up all my shit at my house. They will be down for clothes, furniture, books, silverware, and pretty much anything else that isnt broken.

This year we cleaned out our closets and donated more shit that ever. It must have been like 5-6 large boxes of clothes, some furniture and other shit.