Gaslight Anthem Covering The Who's Baba O'Riley

i'm really sick of the gaslight anthem covering all of these classic rock songs. they get old really fast. that's not to say i don't like the who, i'm just saying that i don't want to hear the gaslight anthem covering a song that i've already heard too many times.

with that said, the only cover that they've done that i've actually enjoyed was "Trusty Chords" by Hot Water Music

i'm really sick of the gaslight anthem covering all of these classic rock songs. they get old really fast. that's not to say i don't like the who, i'm just saying that i don't want to hear the gaslight anthem covering a song that i've already heard too many times.

with that said, the only cover that they've done that i've actually enjoyed was "Trusty Chords" by Hot Water Music

what other "classic rock" songs have they covered?

i can't see TGA covering any of the early Who songs because they require 3-part harmonies. they wouldn't be able to pull of a song like Bargain or Won't Get Fooled Again either. Baba O'Riley is probably the only Who song that closely suits Brian Fallon's voice.

Yeah, they should have played an original at a Who tribute show.

Also, it's not like they're throwing cover songs out onto retail shelves. They play them on tours.

You guys are probably going to be hugely disappointed with their new record, then. From Rolling Stone:

On 2008's The '59 Sound, New Jersey's Gaslight Anthem delivered soulful punk tunes about working-class dreamers, earning plenty of Springsteen comparisons. But for the follow-up, Gaslight looked across the pond. "We've been influenced by early Stones," says frontman Brian Fallon of the LP, which Gaslight are cutting in New York. Fallon compares the title track to "Gimme Shelter" and says "The Queen of Chelsea" recalls the Clash's "Straight to Hell" and the Pretenders' "Brass in Pocket." "It would be easy to write The '59 Sound again," says Fallon. "We wanted a new road map."

Personally, I would love to hear Gaslight using Exile on Main St. as a touchstone.