What are your religious beliefs?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i answered the door in a slayer south of heaven t-shirt once and had a 40 minute conversation with the dude. i even gave him coffee.

conversion rate - 0

You'd be surprised how many people open the door naked. I guess to scare us away. It has never worked and I have seen me some "rebellious teenage girl trying to be funny" boobs in my days

And TheMean - you're just trollin to start some ish aren't you

i answered the door in a slayer south of heaven t-shirt once and had a 40 minute conversation with the dude. i even gave him coffee.

conversion rate - 0

You'd be surprised how many people open the door naked. I guess to scare us away. It has never worked and I have seen me some "rebellious teenage girl trying to be funny" boobs in my days

And TheMean - you're just trollin to start some ish aren't you

we had a family of some baptist sect that just didn't get the memo that we weren't interested and kept coming back time and time again... so my equally large roommate and i held hands and asked their opinion on alternative families.... they gave us the hate the sin not the sinner routine, and then left never to be heard from again.

altho now having chows and 2 pitbulls no one bothers coming up the stairs because the dogs are generally trying to break through the windows when they hear someone coming up the steps.

My Lab and Lab-mix can sound pretty vicious. Little does the approaching person know, the dogs will be best friends as soon as they get into contact with any human.

I'm playing Assassin's Creed II all day until I go to work at 530 (that's why I've been sitting here on my laptop all day) and page 8 of the Codex says:

"Why do our instincts insist on violence? I have studied the interactions between different species. The innate desire to survive seems to demand the death of the other. Why can they not stand hand in hand? So many believe the world was created by the hand of a divine power - but I see only the designs of a madman, bent on celebrating destruction and desperation. Our origins seem chaotic. Unintended. Purpose and being instilled solely by the passage of time. Imposed first by nature - and later men..."

Seemed kinda relevant.

I was going to say Peter Gabriel

Yeah, once Gabriel left it just wasn't the same weird ass prog band anymore.

Lamb lies down on broadway is still killer though.

I enjoyed Gabriel-era best, but c'mon man....INVISIBLE TOUCH!! :P

Quick mostly serious question for those in the know: if Jesus died and then rose on the 3rd (4th?) day, does that make "it" a zombie?

Also:

[image]

I have a problem with bigots and am wondering if you are one.

I believe in the bible and what it teaches

i didn't really want to get into this btu do you believe in the old testament? because there are so many unbelievably ridiculous things that it says that no modern people follow at all, but they decide to follow other things and say that "they completely follow the bible"

I believe in the bible and what it teaches

i didn't really want to get into this btu do you believe in the old testament? because there are so many unbelievably ridiculous things that it says that no modern people follow at all, but they decide to follow other things and say that "they completely follow the bible"

He already answered this earlier in the thread.

Please clarify your answer to my question, though.

yea, maybe "lack of knowledge" wasn't the best wording, but maybe the dismissal of truth...? When it comes down to it, there is zero proof that there is a god of any sort (that's where faith comes in). science on the other hand has proven time and time again about the origins of our being.

This is actually untrue.

i believe that homosexuality is wrong. It's my religious belief based on the bible

I would call this uncivilized. And no, it's not taking place thousands of years ago. MCM, I don't get you. You are focusing on the wrong points of of my original thoughts. The wording may be slightly off, but the point is loud and clear. You agree with me that creationism is fairy tale right? Why didn't you answer my question about what happened to those other ancient gods? A Christian god or fuckin American Indian god or Mayan god is all the same. Someone would have to be less evolved than me to think up that garbage, let alone still follow it blindly today!!!! This guy (smashing pimp) is following something written in a book by people that were highly delusional...maybe unintelligent isn't the word....how about psychotic.

Jesus!(no pun intended)

Where do I start with all the inconsistency in these fuckin religions?

I read the bible and you know what? I was highly offended that it was so fantastical. Noah's Ark, Adam and Eve, NOTW??

What the fuck is that?

Now I'm getting angry.

It's all make believe.

The Bible should never be taken literally, that seems to be peoples mistake. Even though I disagree with the Bible there are still good rules to follow, I'm sure everyone here follows the ten commandments to a certain extent, regardless of whether or not you believe in them. They are guidelines for living a good life, thats it.

i believe that homosexuality is wrong. It's my religious belief based on the bible

This is the BIGGEST problem I have with peoples' justification of homophobia and intolerance of homosexuals. Just because you don't protest weddings or funerals like those Westboro Baptist nutfucks doesn't mean it's pretty backwards to think that.

Where exactly in the Bible does it say homosexuality is wrong? THE OLD TESTAMENT. So do you mean to tell me you also agree that women should be stoned to death if they disobey their husband? That children who disobey their parents should be executed? This is just for starters. I can whip out Leviticus. I got my NIV Bible laying around somewhere.

But apparently observing the Sabbath is an outdated, unnecessary thing to do. Oy fucking vey.

I'm getting a little heated. But gay rights and the gay condition is a cause very near to my heart as I get lumped in with gays for being genderqueer.

Just answer me this. The Bible explains WHY some things are sinful. Murder...self explanatory. Stealing. And even drunken debauchery I get. But does the Bible say WHY homosexuality is wrong? Does it?

The biggest thing, is if anything or anyone is going to tell me something is wrong, they better tell me why. Aside from some little passage in the Old Testament, saying it is, do you think it is wrong? I am genuinely curious as to your answer. And please, don't do the collective "we" thing....you're not the entire church. I want YOUR answer. You. As an individual.

It's in the new testament as well. I'm not trying to start fires here. I tell u all that my religion strictly follows the bible and then act shocked when I don't believe in gay rights. The bible describes it as unnatural in both testaments and say it is wrong. I'm sorry if that upsets some people. You can't pick and choose parts of the bible to follow. This thread won't go anywhere because I'm trying to defend an ultra conservative religion on a board that mostly does not believe is a god and that is anti organized religion