I Told You She Didn't Have A Dick

Wow...What an absolute abortion of a video for a song that I actually enjoy. I don't know if it's the awful "plot line" the blatant advertising for Virgin Mobile or the fact that it hacks the song up into 4 different pieces.

I liked my concept better of Daniel Tosh and Donald Glover doing the song in drag. Too bad.

She's had blatant product placement in her videos before. One of the guards is also using Dr. Dre's "beats" laptop in the video.

I'll be honest, I've only ever caught bits and pieces of what they play in the gym. I probably wouldn't even know she exists if my wife hadn't asked me to download the album. So, I was one of the few people who actually heard her music before seeing the [insert your appropriate adjective here] image that she portrays. I like the music but I'm glad I don't watch the videos or follow pop culture.

She's had blatant product placement in her videos before. One of the guards is also using Dr. Dre's "beats" laptop in the video.

I'll be honest, I've only ever caught bits and pieces of what they play in the gym. I probably wouldn't even know she exists if my wife hadn't asked me to download the album. So, I was one of the few people who actually heard her music before seeing the [insert your appropriate adjective here] image that she portrays. I like the music but I'm glad I don't watch the videos or follow pop culture.

I'm kind of the same way. The main reason I've seen her videos and heard a lot of her other songs is because my ex was super obsessed with her. It was pretty annoying.

song is stupid and gaga is neither attractive or inventive as everyone says

I don't really dig her looks. She looks very typical New York girl to me. As for inventive, her music is simply pop music that takes some of the best elements of pop music in the last 30 years. I don't think she has much that couldn't be credited as influenced by another major artist but I'm okay with that.

I do,however, think she's quite talented and versatile as a musician. She just opts to channel it through pop music, which (by it's nature) is designed to just have a broad appeal and really break any conventions.

I think Gaga is brilliant. I am totally serious.

This performance was one of the edgiest and most disturbing that has been on national television in a long, long time.

[image]

http://www.mtv.com/videos/shows/vma-09/435679/paparazzi-live.jhtml#id=1620605

I think the whole deal is a great tongue in cheek take on pop music and pop culture.

Also, she can actually play piano and actually contributes to the writing and production or her own music.

This performance was one of the edgiest and most disturbing that has been on national television in a long, long time.

[image]

I think the whole deal is a great tongue in cheek take on pop music and pop culture.

Also, she can actually play piano and actually contributes to the writing and production or her own music.

Oh my goodness. this this a thousand times this. I adore her.

[image]

Seriously? I just watched this and all it did was make me think that she's a twat.

And the video at the top of the page is awful and the song is pretty boring.

The only thing I've really enjoyed by her is the video that takes place in a beach house (I think.)

I don't get it.

song is stupid and gaga is neither attractive or inventive as everyone says

I don't really dig her looks. She looks very typical New York girl to me. As for inventive, her music is simply pop music that takes some of the best elements of pop music in the last 30 years. I don't think she has much that couldn't be credited as influenced by another major artist but I'm okay with that.

I do,however, think she's quite talented and versatile as a musician. She just opts to channel it through pop music, which (by it's nature) is designed to just have a broad appeal and really break any conventions.

This. Although, I don't like her "image" at all.

Seriously? I just watched this and all it did was make me think that she's a twat.

And the video at the top of the page is awful and the song is pretty boring.

The only thing I've really enjoyed by her is the video that takes place in a beach house (I think.)

I don't get it.

Maybe it will help me explain it if you tell me what exactly it is that makes you think she's a twat.

I can tell you what I love about her. I love that's she's bold enough to do her own thing. That she basically embodies in such a ridiculous and over the top way the idea of "celebrity" in today's society. I feel like it's more of a social commentary.

I love that she is more than just a pop singer. I love that she does have the musical chops. She can actually sing. She can play the piano and is able to perform her songs on the instrument. She has a hand in writing and producing her own stuff.

I love that she IS in control of her image. She isn't a record label puppet and she's ballsy enough to do it. I feel like because she's so well received they let it happen. She does say in a lot of interviews that Lady Gaga isn't merely a character. It is very much who she is; ridiculous or not.

Really what it all boils down to is I view Lady Gaga as an entertainer, not just a pop singer. She's the whole package and she does this extremely well. She's one of the few pop artists I'd feel justified in paying a hefty price to see live as I know I wouldn't be disappointed and I'd have one hell of an experience. This woman didn't blow up overnight and pique Michael Jackson's interest for no reason.

EDIT: That said, I can totally understand someone not being all that into her music/sound or her image. I get that completely but I'm not really into when people simply write her off because of that.

I don't feel like getting worked up over Lady Gaga because I really don't care that much, but I just felt like throwing in my 2 cents. If you like her music and are entertained then great, I'm not really debating that.

I think it's pretty outrageous when it's respectable that a musician who has sold millions of albums can play an instrument/help compose songs instead of being expected. I also don't think she is in control of her image. Having an image to begin with by default makes it something that you do to sell something, which would make her album sales in control of her image. I can almost guarantee that once people get tired of her she will 'redefine herself' or some other such bullshit. Lastly, if Lady Gaga is some next level entertainer full of biting social commentary, her commentary is that you can sell anyone anything regardless of what it is. You can be totally immersed in the celebrity culture and sell people on the idea that you are in someway making a statement about how outrageous it is. You can make generic pop music and wear a Gism backpatch and get a bunch of boners on VLV to admit to being into it.

I can almost guarantee that once people get tired of her she will 'redefine herself' or some other such bullshit.

I call this being business savvy. It's nothing that Madonna hasn't done a dozen times before and for some I imagine it's one of the reasons she's so beloved.

If she can keep up with 'the times' or even influence what that is at any given instance, awesome for her.

I fully support Lady GaGa.

ps: I'd hit it.