Screamo/Scramz/Emo/etc

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as active bands I've been in love with Dolcim lately. Their LP Guillotine Ride is easy to get ahold of, if it's cheap, and it's incredible.

RIYL: Loma Prieta, Pianos Become The Teeth, The Saddest Landscape, etc.

Best dudes. Sean (bassist) is one of the nicest guys I know, he saved me one of their LPs when they got in from Europe before they were really available in the US. They were one of the first bands who were totally down with being on the comp tape I put out.

Love Dolcim! Loved Cease Upon The Capitol first though. Really excited for their releases this year, especially split with Hammers.

CUTC/Dolcim and Loma Prieta are the only screamo bands that I really get into.

Kidcrash - Snacks is beyond good but the rest of their stuff is kinda meh. Jokes is good, but their punk stuff prior to that is kindof awful i.e. New Ruins (it seems like people love this though).

Battle Of Wolf 359 I really like, though they are on the screamo borderline.

Malady S/T is one of the best ever records

Also, thanks Drabley for selling me all that Loma Prieta stuff a while back

I think these new bands like La Dispute and Touche Amore are awful. I don't know if I'd even call them "screamo". To me they just sound like a bad crossover between bands like Have Heart and screamo.

I love both these bands along with Native and others of their group, but I don't think of them the same way I think of Kidcrash or Funeral Diner.

• 2 months later...
Katja was probably the only screamo band from Toronto that was actually any good. But they were so fucking good, there was no room for any other screamo bands.

Listen to around :42 or :43 in the song Diapsalmata. The first time I saw them play that shit live, I had one of those "my god, this band is incredible" moments.

Just listened to this, this is the fucking shit. So awesome.

Katja was probably the only screamo band from Toronto that was actually any good. But they were so fucking good, there was no room for any other screamo bands.

Listen to around :42 or :43 in the song Diapsalmata. The first time I saw them play that shit live, I had one of those "my god, this band is incredible" moments.

It always bummed me out that these guys were more or less unknown, even around Toronto, because they are clearly amazing.

a video I found of them playing live, but the sound is pretty shitty.

I have the discography CD back home, but I'm away for work and won't get a chance to get back until Christmas, so if you can wait that long I'll rip it and upload it somewhere.

It always bummed me out that these guys were more or less unknown, even around Toronto, because they are clearly amazing.

a video I found of them playing live, but the sound is pretty shitty.

I have the discography CD back home, but I'm away for work and won't get a chance to get back until Christmas, so if you can wait that long I'll rip it and upload it somewhere.

I'd take a copy! Merry Christmas!