i've been straight edge for 11 years today.

Does tying a belt around your neck and beating off, furiously, to pictures of bestiality while nearly chocking yourself unconscious as you collect call an ex-girlfriend count as "breaking edge"?

Purely hypothetical.

should've used 1-800-call-att. then you would have been in the clear...

no disrespect to y'all on here who are straight edge, but...

obnoxious straight edge people are annoying. to me, wearing some stupid t shirt that says something like "FUCK ME! I'M DRUG FREE!" is about just the same as going around saying you're a virgin, drawing big circles on your hands, beating up people who don't have those circles on their hands.

i respect and look up to the concept of being straight edge, but i don't think there's a need to flaunt it. if you were really proud of it there'd be no need to say anything about it. even if you're a minority in whatever group you decide to associate with.

How can you be straight edge before you're 21? You can't even buy a beer or liquor before then.

yeah serious...where do you live that underage kids don't get into that shit?

So are sXe kids vegan now or did that go out of style?

no, not a pre-requisite.

I'm drinking some green tea now, so looks like I can't be edge since it has caffeine.

mwaah-mwahhh-mwaahhhhhh

obnoxious straight edge people are annoying. to me, wearing some stupid t shirt that says something like "FUCK ME! I'M DRUG FREE!" is about just the same as going around saying you're a virgin, drawing big circles on your hands, beating up people who don't have those circles on their hands.

i respect and look up to the concept of being straight edge, but i don't think there's a need to flaunt it. if you were really proud of it there'd be no need to say anything about it. even if you're a minority in whatever group you decide to associate with.

i think all the naysayers took this as a bragging thing where i just posted it because i thought it was funny. for the record i've never purchased a "straight edge" shirt or whatever...the closest thing i've ever had was a faded old raincoat/jacket that had at one point it said straight edge and below that: drug fuckin free...but i got it from a friend who gave up and didn't want it anymore.

when i got it it only read:

_________DGE

rug fuckin' free

and i really don't go around "flaunting" this aside from what my display name is. So obviously i've touched a nerve that i didn't intend to...so...i'm sorry, i guess...???

Guest falloutcollapse
I think people were more making fun of the stereotypical straight edge kids that are fucking morons. At least that's how I took it.

Same here...Nothing really against you, it's just that a lot of kids that are very open about their edge are sometimes big assholes.

How can you be straight edge before you're 21? You can't even buy a beer or liquor before then.

That's not the point. The point is I think it's silly to consider yourself sXe before you can even legally buy alcohol.

That's not the point. The point is I think it's silly to consider yourself sXe before you can even legally buy alcohol.

the point is that you still have/i had access to it and still reject(ed) that lifestyle.

For whatever reason you choose, but choosing not to support those companies/industries is a valid choice no matter what age you are.

The argument of not being able to legally purchase is moot when everyone(ok, 99%) has somebody they can go to to get at the very least alcohol and cigarettes.

i think all the naysayers took this as a bragging thing where i just posted it because i thought it was funny. for the record i've never purchased a "straight edge" shirt or whatever...the closest thing i've ever had was a faded old raincoat/jacket that had at one point it said straight edge and below that: drug fuckin free...but i got it from a friend who gave up and didn't want it anymore.

when i got it it only read:

_________DGE

rug fuckin' free

and i really don't go around "flaunting" this aside from what my display name is. So obviously i've touched a nerve that i didn't intend to...so...i'm sorry, i guess...???

haha, no worries dude. they don't piss me off that bad, its just that some people who are edge are super arrogant about it, get tatted up with straight edge tattoos, but eventually break edge a few years down the line. and i don't see what you're doing as flaunting it, i can see how what you're doin' is more of a "dudes, 11 years" type thing. but yeah, i totally admire the whole no sex/drugs/alcohol thing, so... no need to say sorry. going with what riddle and V said, i just think that some straight edge guys are pricks.

I think it's *really* stupid when people hate on straight edge. I guess it might be an area thing but I know atleast 5 straight edgers and none of them have acted out against non-edgers. They don't knock beer cups out of peoples hands or beat up people. Hell, they are some of the nicest people I've ever met!

I've been straight edge since last Thursday, but I drank so much that I'm probably still drunk.

I do own a straight edge shirt, my buddy Adam owns like 5 and he's the biggest alcoholic I know.

We're a riot and sXe is stupid (I have no problem if you don't like to drink, but I think the label is dumb).