why do people type like this?

w3ll da nam3 iz !ashl3y! da b day iz dec 30 i k33p it r3al and dats a promis3 i may b3 a bitch but im hon3st w3n i walk by u stop n star3 w3ll k33p lookin cuz i dont car3 i hav3 my own lif3 n styl3 not tryin to plz u or mak3 u smil3 w3n it com3s to comp3tion ur out now keep it r3al wit m3 n w3 could b3 fri3nds no doubt!

i have to imagine it's harder to consciously type in that style than it is to type like a regular human.

see, but i can understand when people type "u" instead of "you" or "r" instead of "are" if they've been conditioned to shorten their words due to the character limits of texts/tweets. i think it's stupid and lazy to do it if it's not in a text, but i understand it at least a little.

when they just replace the letters with other characters, i don't get it. like switching out As for @s or 4s. or Es for 3s. it's not shortening the word, it's just making it harder to read for everybody else. and, like i said in my original post, it HAS to take longer to type like that, right? to have to consciously switch out an E every time you use it (the most used letter in the english language, mind you...)