BRAND NEW "DEVIL&GOD" 2XLP- TEST PRESSING CONTEST!

ITT: people whining they didn't get /200. the regulars making their typical unfunny, unoriginal, played out jokes about flipping. ebay police. people w/ no jobs, no life, bored @ their job complaining about first world problems. owner of label complaining about people screwing with his preorder even though its not the first time dealing with this crap. typical thread. move right along.

I know, right? Then the people who take time out of their day to complain about other people complaining. Thats so much better.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God damit......why does every place that does a good release always use freaking paypal, I spent 30 minutes and finally got a blue/black in my cart and it says its the last one, proceed to checkout and it leads me to paypal and I cant use paypal....i sold something on ebay, they disputed it after receiving it, never sent it back and won the dispute and now im negative like $300...and refuse to pay it for getting scammed.

It's the same reason I couldn't get identity crisis...

ITT: people whining they didn't get /200. the regulars making their typical unfunny, unoriginal, played out jokes about flipping. ebay police. people w/ no jobs, no life, bored @ their job complaining about first world problems. owner of label complaining about people screwing with his preorder even though its not the first time dealing with this crap. typical thread. move right along.

I know, right? Then the people who take time out of their day to complain about other people complaining. Thats so much better.

Boom. Roasted.

God damit......why does every place that does a good release always use freaking paypal, I spent 30 minutes and finally got a blue/black in my cart and it says its the last one, proceed to checkout and it leads me to paypal and I cant use paypal....i sold something on ebay, they disputed it after receiving it, never sent it back and won the dispute and now im negative like $300...and refuse to pay it for getting scammed.

www.sadtrombone.com

dont you know this how we fill the empty voids in our pathetic lives? jeez.

www.sadtrombone.com

http://www.instantrimshot.nl/

Yes? no?

lol

Complaining? No.

I was simply making a comment that's it's frustrating and ridiculous that people have the time/desire to fuck with someones hard work and the financial well-being of their tiny, independent company.

I can't believe I read this thread, I don't know what info I was looking for.

I got a black/orange swirl around 2:15, because that's all I could easily get. Color combo makes no sense with the art work, but I'm over it. It's still dumb that the actual release date is so far away, but here I am sitting on a Jane Doe preorder too.

As it's been stated previously in this thread. I chose to have a good amount of time between the pre-order and the actual release date so that I can be 100% sure that we will have enough time to assemble all 5,500 units and ship them before the release date.

I also stated that I will ship these out as soon as they're ready, so if things go really smoothly, I'll ship them out immediately.

I got a black/orange swirl around 2:15, because that's all I could easily get. Color combo makes no sense with the art work, but I'm over it. It's still dumb that the actual release date is so far away, but here I am sitting on a Jane Doe preorder too.

yeah, at least this record has a street date. (though given that it's brand new, that's liable to change at any moment)

We are fully approved by the band. The release date will not change.

Complaining? No.

I was simply making a comment that's it's frustrating and ridiculous that people have the time/desire to fuck with someones hard work and the financial well-being of their tiny, independent company.

I understand how frustrating it would be for you. Especially when sites post that its sold out when I'm sure it was nowhere near that. But this isn't your first huge preorder & probably not your last. At some point you might want to figure out a better way to do preorders. There are tons of other labels that do preorders w/ little or no issues. The hoarding is typical for every release through bigcartel.

We are actually in the process of building a new webstore that will eliminate this issue, but it won't be ready for another month or so.

As it's been stated previously in this thread. I chose to have a good amount of time between the pre-order and the actual release date so that I can be 100% sure that we will have enough time to assemble all 5,500 units and ship them before the release date.

I also stated that I will ship these out as soon as they're ready, so if things go really smoothly, I'll ship them out immediately.

I guess I can understand that, but doesn't it make just as much sense to get everything, start assembling them, and go, "ok, we should be done by next week... let's do the pre-order now."

OR better yet, "there, we finished! Let's put the order up now." <-- there's no chance of not being done on time with this one.

Maybe I just don't understand pre-orders, but you're going to sell the same amount whether you ship them instantly or not. Well, maybe not this release since with the band's version it was the clusterfuck of all clusterfucks. But normally, there's no difference between saying "Pre-orders go up at noon Monday!" and "Orders go up noon Monday!" If people care about the release, they're going to flip out and sit at their computer noon Monday either way.

If you're using the pre-order to finance the release, well... I'm not sure I ethically agree with that. It puts it up in the air just enough that there's no guarantee it will actually come out. Will it probably? Yea, probably, but in my opinion if you're going to be selling something, YOU as the label need to front the money somehow. We're not investing in the release, we're just buying the finished product. There should be absolutely no risk on our end.

I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but there's no other obvious reason to have a pre-order. Not just your label, but all labels. I'm getting tired of them.

I guess I can understand that, but doesn't it make just as much sense to get everything, start assembling them, and go, "ok, we should be done by next week... let's do the pre-order now."

OR better yet, "there, we finished! Let's put the order up now." <-- there's no chance of not being done on time with this one.

Yes, it would. But, as a small company dealing with a huge corporation that makes us pay for licensing/pressing up front, we couldn't do it that way.

True, however heavy vinyl will allow for the record to be much more flat and not allow as much wavering of the needle. A center record clamp will help too, but most people aren't going to pay over 100 dollars for a hunk of metal.

So yes, the pressing itself may not be affected. But the weight allows less bend and a flat tracking surface.

I can get behind that statement :)

As for clamps, I've been looking in to this little guy.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CLCLEVCL

It's affordable and effective, or so I've been led to believe by reviews.

I got a black/orange swirl around 2:15, because that's all I could easily get. Color combo makes no sense with the art work, but I'm over it..

[image]