Experimental/Instrumental Bands

Whenever I see Neurosis, it seems to be close to Don Cab -- do they have any resemblance in sound, or is it just coincidence?

Total quinki dink. They couldn't sound less alike. Don Cab is spastic, mathy instrumental precursor to stuff like minus the bear where as Neurosis sound like the apocalypse (aka amazing!)

Yeah I found some Neurosis to listen to and I just laughed to myself because of what I posted on here.

I have a few Don Cab records and I fucking love them. I just missed out on American Don for $4.99 on eBay! So now I'm pissed.

This list is raterded!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With and Without Vocals:

Slint

Mogwai

By The End of Tonight

Mono

Ghosts and Vodka

Turning Machines

Neurosis

Toe

Early Day Miners

Envy

Breadwinner

Oceansize

Rosetta

Dredg

Errors

Are you sure you're not talking about the band I have listed above, Turing Machine? It's guys that used to be in Pitchblende, another pretty amazing mostly instrumental band.

lye by mistake - weird jazzy infused prog metal, whom went instrumental after a singer departure

Woah, how long ago did Lye By Mistake go Instrumental?...I only saw them once, but they were fucking awesome, sounded like Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza meets Between The Buried And Me with a little bit of Dillinger Escape Plan in there

lye by mistake - weird jazzy infused prog metal, whom went instrumental after a singer departure

Woah, how long ago did Lye By Mistake go Instrumental?...I only saw them once, but they were fucking awesome, sounded like Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza meets Between The Buried And Me with a little bit of Dillinger Escape Plan in there

yea man, im jealous, i haven't seen them yet. but ya i guess sometime before fea jur was released last year they decided to go it without one. its def got a different vibe from the first record, i really like it.

so for some godspeed related bands that haven't been mentioned:

Esmerine

Set Fire To Flames

Fly Pan Am

Hangedup

-------------

Also, 'We All Inherit The Moon' is awesome stuff (Dan, it's kyle that just left town's full band)

The guitarist of that band also does solo stuff at the moment on the west coast under 'Woodworkings' that everybody should check out.

http://www.myspace.com/woodworkings

so for some godspeed related bands that haven't been mentioned:

Esmerine

Set Fire To Flames

Fly Pan Am

Hangedup

-------------

Also, 'We All Inherit The Moon' is awesome stuff (Dan, it's kyle that just left town's full band)

The guitarist of that band also does solo stuff at the moment on the west coast under 'Woodworkings' that everybody should check out.

http://www.myspace.com/woodworkings

I added those bands to the list. How old is We All Inherit the Moon? I thought I've heard them before either from you or Pandora.

And answer your fucking phone, Baker!

Guest afsdan

miles end ladies string auxiliary

add it to the godspeed related list.

Black Dice "beaches and canyons" is essential.

Guest afsdan

not sure what 7" that may be, and while the early ones are great hardcore punk...I cannot stress this enough:

Beaches and Canyons

Guest afsdan

a few more choice bands:

Lotus Eaters

Orifex

Sinking Body

Yamahama

Growing ("the sky's run into the sea" and "the soul of the rainbow and the harmony of light" are tops)

not sure what 7" that may be, and while the early ones are great hardcore punk...I cannot stress this enough:

Beaches and Canyons

Two things:

1) Beaches and Canyons is fucking great!

2) The 7" is the s/t

Edit: and because I was randomly surfing websites for Black Dice merch, I eventually crossed over Damezumari and that shit is some great hardcore punk/whatever genre -- so thanks again!

I back Ghastly City Sleep pretty hard despite not really liking their full length. The ep they put out first is seriously awesome, though.

Also, I didn't see them mentioned but sorry if I missed them. Ef. They are really great as well, though I'm yet to hear any recent things they've done.

Not really instrumental at all though. I'm with you though, that band rules it.